Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6807
View in linear mode

Subject: "do gs coilovers fit a gs or gst spyder?" Previous topic | Next topic
drewcalliFeb-18-02 04:21 AM
Member since Feb 06th 2002
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6807, "do gs coilovers fit a gs or gst spyder?"

do regular gs coilover fit the spyder model because i know you have to knock the perches off so wouldn't they fit???????

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Amish_EclipseFeb-19-02 02:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6808, "RE: do gs coilovers fit a gs or gst spyder?"
In response to Reply # 0

yikes, i don't think we'll know till you try.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JenFeb-20-02 02:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#6809, "RE: do gs coilovers fit a gs or gst spyder?"
In response to Reply # 1

As far as I know there's no difference between the GST and Spyder suspension. You can swap springs/coilovers between GST and GS, so I would think you can between Spyder and GS too... Not sure tho.

Check out places on the internet that sell suspension stuff. If they list coilovers for "all models" then it should work just fine. However, if you see a "all models, exept for Spyder" (or something like that) it might not work.

-1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

pancitoFeb-20-02 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
#6810, "RE: do gs coilovers fit a gs or gst spyder?"
In response to Reply # 2

For what i know, they fit, but the only problem is spring rate, the Spyders are heavier cars, then the coupes. or that just for spring. doh!!! i hate having a reply and THEN really reading the Subject. LOL

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

JenFeb-20-02 06:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#6811, "RE: do gs coilovers fit a gs or gst spyder?"
In response to Reply # 3

I just found this at the tire rack, on the GS:

"For 2WD Models Only. Includes Turbo models. Does not include Spyder."

So, that sounds like the Spyder is different. When you search for Spyder instead of GS it comes up that it can't find anything.

-1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T

Teameclipse804Feb-20-02 08:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6812, "RE: do gs coilovers fit a gs or gst spyder?"
In response to Reply # 4

I know for a fact that the actual suspension of a spyder and a gs or rs is the same in terms of fitment. However, like you said, there is a slight difference in weight, so it uses different spring rates. But when lowering, that shouldn't be a real issue since all lowering springs are so much stiffer than stock anyways. It should be cool...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6807 Previous topic | Next topic