Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6311
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need Good Deal on Tires" Previous topic | Next topic
GrashperFeb-01-02 10:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6311, "Need Good Deal on Tires"

I need to get some new tires and need a place with good deals or someone willing to hook it up!!!!

215 but preferably 225/45/17

Please help guys

no more 420A

only 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, LunarEclipse, Feb-01-02 10:40 AM, #1
RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Teameclipse804, Feb-01-02 01:14 PM, #2
      RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Grashper, Feb-01-02 04:38 PM, #3
           RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Teameclipse804, Feb-01-02 05:11 PM, #4
                RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Grashper, Feb-01-02 05:41 PM, #5
                     RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, LunarEclipse, Feb-02-02 05:17 AM, #6
                          RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, HadesOmega, Feb-02-02 04:39 PM, #7
                          RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Teameclipse804, Feb-02-02 08:22 PM, #8
                               RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Grashper, Feb-02-02 09:40 PM, #9
                                    RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Semperboost, Feb-03-02 04:07 AM, #10
                                         RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, LunarEclipse, Feb-03-02 05:25 AM, #11
                                              RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Teameclipse804, Feb-03-02 12:03 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, LunarEclipse, Feb-03-02 06:03 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-04-02 02:17 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Teameclipse804, Feb-04-02 02:54 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, Twobuf4u, Feb-05-02 02:19 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Need Good Deal on Tires, neovb, Feb-06-02 05:03 AM, #17

LunarEclipseFeb-01-02 10:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6312, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah me too. stock tires is what I need I wore them smooth. please don't rain

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Feb-01-02 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6313, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey lunar, if you want some Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's in stock size Z-rated, I know a place that can do em for 370 installed cash out the door for all four.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

GrashperFeb-01-02 04:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6314, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 2

Damn it, you guys are all the way down in SoCal. How about shipping that deal to me up here in the Bay.

no more 420A

only 4G63

Teameclipse804Feb-01-02 05:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6315, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 3

Hehe sorry, that deal comes with them mounted and balanced. And if you don't want Z-rated, the V-rated are 350 mounted and balanced.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

GrashperFeb-01-02 05:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6316, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 4

Thats a pretty good deal. Too bad I can't drive all the way down there. Well I could but not just for tires.

no more 420A

only 4G63

LunarEclipseFeb-02-02 05:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#6317, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 5

hey marcus, those are stock tires for me, 205 55r16
I just need the two back tires, they are worn to nothing.
can you just get the two back for a good price or is it a 4 tire deal
let this be a lesson to all check your alignment and tire wear
I am just looking for some stock tires the size above for all those who got rims, and don't need those tires anymore

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

HadesOmegaFeb-02-02 04:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#6318, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 6

haha go to an america's tire or any tire place and look for used tires. Haha America's Tire definition of used tires is nearly used haha. Got 2 Dunlop W10s for like 100 bux

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Teameclipse804Feb-02-02 08:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6319, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 6

Hmm I think 2 tires should be half the price, so if you got V-rated 205/55/16 then it should be about 175 mounted and balanced. Probably at most 190 if they wanted to charge more because you only bought two. Some places charge a lot for mounting and balancing, so check it out. I would stick to new tires if you could just because I always like new things personally, and don't know if a used tire has been repaired before or if anything was wrong with it etc (like firestones for suv's).

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

GrashperFeb-02-02 09:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6320, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 8

I checked all the ones by my house and none of them had anything for a 17" rim. Fak it.

no more 420A

only 4G63

SemperboostFeb-03-02 04:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
#6321, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 9

I got 4 used (2pirelli and 2goodyear F1s) 235/40s (Mustang tires) for $160 mounted balanced n all in socal at tire dudes

Alvin

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

LunarEclipseFeb-03-02 05:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#6322, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 10

hey marcus where is this place? less than 200 for tires is good, they quoted me 263 for 2 new yokahama at america tire

www.artexmusic.com

Teameclipse804Feb-03-02 12:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6323, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 11

Discount Tire in El Monte, talk to Vick. Tell him that your friend sent you, and that he gave me tires for 370 installed for the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 in 205/55/ZR16. Those were the Z-speed, and if you want, the V-speed is like 5 bucks cheaper for each tire I think. Also, if you want a lifetime alignment, they have it for $110, every 3k miles. The store is on Valley Mall, try looking it up on Yahoo Yellow Pages...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

LunarEclipseFeb-03-02 06:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#6324, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 12

thanks marcus

www.artexmusic.com

Amish_EclipseFeb-04-02 02:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#6325, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 13

kumho's suck. they're cheaply made in korea. never buy them. same for toyo and sumitomo

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Teameclipse804Feb-04-02 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6326, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 14

Ummm if you look up user reviews, Kumhos have REALLY high ratings. They are better than Nittos. Check out http://www.tirerack.com for some reviews. A lot of people on this board use them including myself, and love them. They are just as good as Dunlop SP8000's which I used to have (but Kumhos also last longer). Just because they are made in Korea doesn't mean they suck. And Toyo is a very good racing tire too - The Toyo TS/1 is used by a lot of guys from socal dsm and they all love it because it's a very aggressive street tire.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Twobuf4uFeb-05-02 02:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
285 posts,
#6327, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 15

What do u all think about the Falken's that I got....they are the Azenise or somethin like that! Z rated

'96 RS

Performance:
AEM CAI
Magnecore Plug Wires
NGK BKR5E-11 Plugs
(AFX UDP) Coming Soon

Suspension:
FU,RU Strut Bars
Primax 496 17's w/ 225/45/17 Falken Tires

Looks:
Custom Blue Reverse Lights and Interior Lights
Blue Washer Nozzles
Indiglo Gauges
Greddy Badge Shifter Knob
Momo Shifter Boot
Metal Race Pedals
(Blue HVAC Lights, Thanks to Hondahater21, coming soon)

"Miles Away From Ordinary!"
-Corona

Black Sapphire '96 RS w/ Blitz Kit
AEM CAI,AFX UDP,Apexi N1 Exhaust,NGK BKR-5e11 Plugs,Magnecore Wires,Primax 496 17's w/ Falken Azenis Tires,Blue Interior Lights,Greddy Shifter Knob-Boot-Pedals, TYC Black Taillights

neovbFeb-06-02 05:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#6328, "RE: Need Good Deal on Tires"
In response to Reply # 16

Man, why is everyone in california Cant someone be in New York?

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6311 Previous topic | Next topic