Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #630
View in linear mode

Subject: "STRUT TOWER BAR" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiFeb-05-01 07:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#630, "STRUT TOWER BAR"

Which way is the strut tower bar supposed to go?

From Corbin's picture I see it go this way:

I have my bar the other way around, since I reason that there's more clearance for the engine to flex...

So which way is it supposed to go really?????????

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: STRUT TOWER BAR, John99RS, Feb-05-01 11:43 AM, #1
RE: STRUT TOWER BAR, 95ESi, Feb-05-01 03:31 PM, #2
      RE: STRUT TOWER BAR, cyan, Feb-05-01 03:34 PM, #3
           I know the matrix, topspeed, ractive, TeamDeanoD, Feb-05-01 04:24 PM, #4
RE: STRUT TOWER BAR, Teameclipse804, Feb-05-01 05:26 PM, #5
RE: STRUT TOWER BAR, 95ESi, Feb-05-01 08:08 PM, #6
      Here's the pic, Teameclipse804, Feb-05-01 08:43 PM, #7
           RE: Here's the pic, oRACLe063, Feb-06-01 03:20 AM, #8
           RE: Here's the pic, Teameclipse804, Feb-06-01 10:21 AM, #11
           RE: Here's the pic, 95ESi, Feb-06-01 05:20 AM, #9
           Yes there is a "slight" difference, Teameclipse804, Feb-06-01 10:23 AM, #12
           RE: Here's the pic, 95ESi, Feb-06-01 07:44 PM, #14
           here's mine, just for fun :-), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-06-01 09:28 AM, #10
                RE: here's mine, just for fun :-), 95ESi, Feb-06-01 02:53 PM, #13

John99RSFeb-05-01 11:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#631, "RE: STRUT TOWER BAR"
In response to Reply # 0

It's kinda hard to tell you how it goes, but I'll try. You know how the bar is bent and one side is lower than the other....well, the short lower side goes on the left or on the side with the oil cap. The longer raised section goes over the engine. If you have a hard time removing your oil cap once the bar is installed, you can purchase an after market oil cap and that should cure your problem. Any cap that fits a Honda will fit our valve cover.

John
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiFeb-05-01 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#632, "RE: STRUT TOWER BAR"
In response to Reply # 1

heh..found out the stupidest way which way the bar goes...

there's only one way it can go, cause you won't be able to close the hood if you have it the wrong way.

To clarify, the lowest part goes over the oil cap!

l e o n

cyanFeb-05-01 03:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#633, "RE: STRUT TOWER BAR"
In response to Reply # 2

nope honda oil caps dont fit, at least my friends CRX STR Blade oil cap didnt. same threads but his cap had a different number of threads so it wouldnt screw in all the way
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TeamDeanoDFeb-05-01 04:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#634, "I know the matrix, topspeed, ractive"
In response to Reply # 3

honda caps all fit. So if costs $20 or less and it is for a honda, it will probably work. I have a topspeed/Pro1 silver billet oil cap for a honda. It works great and does not leak oil.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Teameclipse804Feb-05-01 05:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#635, "RE: STRUT TOWER BAR"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the Advanced Concepts strut bar on my car. It is the gst model, so I had to install it backwards to fit. Either way, it still fits without really bending the hood or anything. If anyone wants one, I still have a brand new AC bar for sale that someone wanted to buy before but then didn't...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

95ESiFeb-05-01 08:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#636, "RE: STRUT TOWER BAR"
In response to Reply # 5

Any pics of this GST bar in a RS/GS/ESi?

l e o n

Teameclipse804Feb-05-01 08:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#637, "Here's the pic"
In response to Reply # 6

Here's a picture of the AC bar on my car. The nonturbo and turbo eclipse suspension are exactly the same - the only difference is the location of the engine and that's why I had to mount the bar backwards from normal.

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

oRACLe063Feb-06-01 03:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#638, "RE: Here's the pic"
In response to Reply # 7

LAST EDITED ON 06-Feb-01 AT 08:21 AM (PST)

is it wize to have the cams exposed ? is there a clear cover for the cam box ? will i ever stop asking questions ? i dont think so

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Teameclipse804Feb-06-01 10:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#639, "RE: Here's the pic"
In response to Reply # 8

ABout the cam gears being exposed, Mike at Road Race Engineering installed it for me, and he said that there really isn't much risk of anything. It makes it a LOT easier to adjust, and also attract more attention. The cheap plastic cover (stock) broke when we took it off...

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

95ESiFeb-06-01 05:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#640, "RE: Here's the pic"
In response to Reply # 7

>Here's a picture of the AC
>bar on my car.
>The nonturbo and turbo eclipse
>suspension are exactly the same
>- the only difference is
>the location of the engine
>and that's why I had
>to mount the bar backwards
>from normal.

Actually, on my friend's GST, his strut bar goes exactly how you have it in your picture! So you actually mounted the bar the right way.

So I'm thinking, there isn't really a 2GNT specific front strut bar!

Hey, are you turbo? Are do you have a cold air intake....? What's the long intake tube??

Teameclipse804Feb-06-01 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#641, "Yes there is a "slight" difference"
In response to Reply # 9

Actually there is a slight difference. This bar is on backwards because the small AC emblem is actually upside down. I have also heard other people put on other brands of gst bars by putting it backwards.

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

95ESiFeb-06-01 07:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#642, "RE: Here's the pic"
In response to Reply # 9

Just thought I post the pic that I was referring to earlier:

So you can see, our strut bars are mounted the same as GSTs!

>Actually, on my friend's GST, his
>strut bar goes exactly how
>you have it in your
>picture! So you actually
>mounted the bar the right
>way.
>
>So I'm thinking, there isn't really
>a 2GNT specific front strut
>bar!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-06-01 09:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#643, "here's mine, just for fun :-)"
In response to Reply # 7

LAST EDITED ON 06-Feb-01 AT 02:29 PM (PST)

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

95ESiFeb-06-01 02:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#644, "RE: here's mine, just for fun :-)"
In response to Reply # 10

| dont' see anything...

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #630 Previous topic | Next topic