Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6200
View in linear mode

Subject: "bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice." Previous topic | Next topic
Mystic511Jan-30-02 09:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6200, "bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."

I hit a really bad pothole on sunday.. and I didn't see the real damage it did until now.

On my front passenger side rim... it's bent just the slightest bit... and there is a bubble on the tire.

***edit... just went to check again: back passenger side is bent too!!

Sad part is.. I just rotated the back tires to the front the night before.

What should I do?

Should I rotated it to the back again?

I need to ride this out until at least spring...

And then.. where should i go to get it fixed? I like my rims... and I don't know where to buy a replacement, since I don't know my own rims's brand, or even if they are sold anymore.

tia

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., TeamAvenger, Jan-30-02 09:57 AM, #1
RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Logic3, Jan-30-02 10:31 AM, #2
      RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Mystic511, Jan-30-02 10:38 AM, #3
           RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., tenzoeclipse, Jan-30-02 11:28 AM, #4
                RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., tenzoeclipse, Jan-30-02 11:32 AM, #5
                     RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Mystic511, Jan-30-02 11:48 AM, #6
                          RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., All4thaN0okie, Jan-30-02 12:35 PM, #7
                               RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Vinz, Jan-30-02 01:54 PM, #8
RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Vinz, Jan-30-02 01:56 PM, #9
RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Grashper, Jan-30-02 05:47 PM, #10
      RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., tenzoeclipse, Jan-30-02 10:41 PM, #11
           RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Mystic511, Jan-31-02 04:01 PM, #12
                RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Grashper, Jan-31-02 06:17 PM, #13
                     RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Mystic511, Feb-01-02 02:32 AM, #14
                          RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Grashper, Feb-01-02 04:46 AM, #15
                               RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Mystic511, Feb-01-02 05:14 AM, #16
                                    RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice., Grashper, Feb-01-02 05:39 AM, #17

TeamAvengerJan-30-02 09:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6201, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 0

bubble in your tire? Does it look kinda like a tumor or something? If so, I think the side wall in that part went out causing the air pressure inside to push out the rubber making the "bubble". You should change your tires with this.

If your rim is NOT leaking air from your tires you don't need to mess with them. If they are ... well that's a different story.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Logic3Jan-30-02 10:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#6202, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 1

Watch those bubbles man. I got one on front left tire on my Mustang when I was in high school. It blew and needless to say I almost killed myself along with two other passengers. Be very careful...I would take car of that tire ASAP.

Mystic511Jan-30-02 10:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#6203, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 2

yea... when i first got my rims from my friend.. they only had 50% tread.. and one of the tires had a really chunky bubble.. that ish blew up on me on the highway.

these don't look that bad... before i actually visually saw them, i couldn't even tell.

damn.. mad scared now. haha.

16.1 @ 87.11

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,

tenzoeclipseJan-30-02 11:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
236 posts,
#6204, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 3

I work at Discount Tire. If you have a bubble in your tire you need to replace it. As for the rims, you can get them fixed for $100 or so. Is the bend on the inside or outside? Let me know if you need any advice.

Konig 18" Tantrums
Tenzo 1.5" springs
Aerogear 6-vent hood
GTR-wide wing
97+ headlights
"sports" altezza's
Taylor 8mm red wires
Brospeed header
StoneRaci

tenzoeclipseJan-30-02 11:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
236 posts,
#6205, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 4

The worst tires should go on the rears. So that way if you have a blow out, then you can still steer. What size brand tires do you have. Ill see if I can get you a deal on one or two.

Konig 18" Tantrums
Tenzo 1.5" springs
Aerogear 6-vent hood
GTR-wide wing
97+ headlights
"sports" altezza's
Taylor 8mm red wires
Brospeed header
StoneRaci

Mystic511Jan-30-02 11:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#6206, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 5

i have kuhmo supras... 235/45/18ZR

if you can hook me up with those or even something equivalent, that would rock!

If not, it's kool, thanks anyway.. i'll probably just ride it out until feb.. and then fix my rims and get some all season performance tires.

16.1 @ 87.11

All4thaN0okieJan-30-02 12:35 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#6207, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 6

tenzo... you work at discount tire??? lol..i just applied there today... do you get discounts and stuff ??

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

VinzJan-30-02 01:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
29 posts,
#6208, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 7

I had a bubble in the tire, I ended up getting it warrentied, you can try.

Your rims look like Inperio S-08

VinzJan-30-02 01:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
29 posts,
#6209, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 0

I had a bubble in my tire, I got them warrentied. You can try and see if they might do it for you even tough you hit a pot hole.

You mags look like the Inperio (5zigen) S-08's

GrashperJan-30-02 05:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6210, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 9

Hey Mystic511 check this place for your rim: http://www.bentrim.com/

They got a flat rate of 109 bucks with a lifetime warrenty. The closest one to you is in New York. I got lucky because they have one right down the street from where I live. Hope that helps.

no more 420A

only 4G63

tenzoeclipseJan-30-02 10:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
236 posts,
#6211, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 10

Yes you do get a discount. It really does depend on the manager. Mine is cool as shit so he hooked me up. I got konig tantrums and 225/40/18's yok parada's for a little over a Grand. If you bought a warranty, then they should cover that and give you a new tire. Ill try to see about getting you one but that size is a little harder to come by, but ill check.

Konig 18" Tantrums
Tenzo 1.5" springs
Aerogear 6-vent hood
GTR-wide wing
97+ headlights
"sports" altezza's
Taylor 8mm red wires
Brospeed header
StoneRaci

Mystic511Jan-31-02 04:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#6212, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 11

thanks guys for all your help.. bought me some stocker 16 swirly rims from a 95... haha... with snow coming around i guess it was time anyways. Now i can get my rims to a shop and have them fixed..

thanks grashper for that link, i think it'll come in handy.

16.1 @ 87.11

GrashperJan-31-02 06:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6213, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 12

No problem. I am actually going down there next week so I'll let you know how there work is. But of course I am going to the one here in Cali and you got New York.

Were those swirly rims on Ebay? I just saw a set on there.

no more 420A

only 4G63

Mystic511Feb-01-02 02:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#6214, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 13

no, they were from two(2?)buf4u. hopefully i'll get them by next week. =D

16.1 @ 87.11

GrashperFeb-01-02 04:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6215, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 14

Ya look like they are in good condition. He sent a pic to me as well. So I guess you don't want to be club 14, eh.

no more 420A

only 4G63

Mystic511Feb-01-02 05:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#6216, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 15

don't hate on club swirly.

16.1 @ 87.11

GrashperFeb-01-02 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6217, "RE: bent my rim.. and bubble in my tire.. need advice."
In response to Reply # 16

O Shizy, Club Swirlly N Da Hizzy

LOL

no more 420A

only 4G63

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6200 Previous topic | Next topic