Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5379
View in linear mode

Subject: "limited slip differentials? anyone know about them?" Previous topic | Next topic
Mystic511Jan-01-02 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5379, "limited slip differentials? anyone know about them?"

It's true that our eclipses have an open differential, right? That means only one wheel peels out during a peelout?

Anyone know about upgrading the differential? Like, what companies make differentials... and what kind of differentials are available? (like, even when i play gran turismo i have no idea what means what)

I'm just trying to learn more about it, and to plan ahead for that one day when i actually have the funds to get it done.

thanks in advance.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HadesOmegaJan-01-02 07:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5380, "RE: limited slip differentials? anyone know about them?"
In response to Reply # 0

LSDs are awesome they'll increase your corners potential and grip. It's the ultimate upgrade for my ride if I can do an AWD conversion hehe

Anyway I believe Quaife makes a LSD for us and perhaps Kaaz not sure though. There is something called a phaton grip and it locks down your differential so both wheels spin but I don't think your diff will last long with that, it's cheap though. Oh yeah LSDs cost A LOT for our cars like 1000+ so that's why not many peeps have em, but you'll be able to carve those corners up!

Esentially what a LSD does is transfer power from one wheel to another when it wants grip but makes all the wheels drive. I have yet to drive a LSD equiped FF car bwahahaha, ne1 got a Type R I could drift hehe

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSJan-03-02 03:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#5381, "RE: limited slip differentials? anyone know about them?"
In response to Reply # 1

They also help with acceleration as well. Instead of most of the power going to one wheel and just spinning the hell out of it the power will almost be equally distributed between the drive wheels giving you more grip and thus better acceleration

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5379 Previous topic | Next topic