Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #524
View in linear mode

Subject: "Coilovers/Shocks" Previous topic | Next topic
JunoonJan-26-01 02:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#524, "Coilovers/Shocks"

Hello everyone I'm new to this board... anyways... what would be a good coilover/shock combo to go with (don't wanna buy crappy ones but don't wanna go crazy with $$$$ either.. something reasonable)??? are there any drawbacks of using coilovers?? any possible problems that I should be aware of?? thnx for the feedback in advance.

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Coilovers/Shocks, cyan, Jan-26-01 03:14 PM, #1
RE: Coilovers/Shocks, Junoon, Jan-26-01 04:00 PM, #2
RE: Coilovers/Shocks, Teamicjeclipse, Jan-27-01 03:45 AM, #3
RE: Coilovers/Shocks, cyan, Jan-27-01 05:48 PM, #4
RE: Coilovers/Shocks, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-27-01 10:40 PM, #7
I recommend Tokico and Ground Control, Skrilla, Jan-27-01 06:12 PM, #5
skilla a ? for ya, mike_d, Jan-27-01 06:59 PM, #6

cyanJan-26-01 03:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#525, "RE: Coilovers/Shocks"
In response to Reply # 0

the ground controls and the skunk2's will for sure be good for the sleeve/perch coilovers. ive heard the vis v-spec are good too. i think im gonna get the maxspeed of the arospeed because they are pretty inexpensive.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JunoonJan-26-01 04:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#526, "RE: Coilovers/Shocks"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey thnx.. could you refer me to some websites where I could check out some coilovers aswell as ''maxspeed''. How about shocks? I heard that the stock shocks would fail if you lower the car? what's a decent brand for those??
once again thnx for the feedback

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

TeamicjeclipseJan-27-01 03:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#527, "RE: Coilovers/Shocks"
In response to Reply # 0

I would go with these coilovers. They are Focuz brand, they have main and helper springs and they are only $220 at http://www.hmotorsports.com They also sell them on Ebay so you might even get them cheaper.

If you just want basic coilovers, there are many to choose from like Arospeed, Maxspeed, Matrix, APC, Skunk 2, Ground control, OBX, Tenzo

I would get KYB AGX shocks because there shorter than stock so you won't have as much as a problem with the perch. But you will have to grind it off if you really want to slam your car. You could get all 4 for $380 at http://www.groupbuycenter.com

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

cyanJan-27-01 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#528, "RE: Coilovers/Shocks"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah always check ebay because the maxspeed go for $150 on there. i would stay away from APC no matter what, as if it isnt bad enough that they make shitty products, they dont even have the nerve to fix the already assumed problems, like leakage with the taillights. about the shocks, ive been lowered for 2 years on my factory shocks and no signs of failure so far, knock on wood. but if you know youll change them eventually go ahead and do it while you are having the coilovers done to save on install costs. i dont kow much about shocks, but KYB,Tokico and Bilstein have always been good
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TeamStan2gntJan-27-01 10:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#529, "RE: Coilovers/Shocks"
In response to Reply # 3

AGX shorter than stock? Then why the heck did they raise my front end when I put them on? You can get them from many places for less than $380 (no need to wait for a group buy). http://www.summitracing.com has them for $366 shipped to your door ($89 each plus $7 processing fee) and no wait.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

SkrillaJan-27-01 06:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#530, "I recommend Tokico and Ground Control"
In response to Reply # 0

My whole setup cost me $680 for the Illuminas(Tokico 5-way adj.) AND Ground Controls ALL shipped to my door. I got the shocks at importhookup(I DO NOT recommend that place, even though I got a KILLER deal) and the Ground Controls off www.ThePartsTrader.com(very good place) from a guy who was selling them off his 96 Galant. They were 3 months used and he needed the money. I also got my GSX RM sway bars there when I 1st joined Team2GNT(everyone here). I know some other good places, including some members here.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

mike_dJan-27-01 06:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#531, "skilla a ? for ya"
In response to Reply # 5

why dont you recomend import hookup even though you got a good deal? did you have any problems?

95 Talon ESi-T

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #524 Previous topic | Next topic