Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5010
View in linear mode

Subject: "jacking up after getting lowered." Previous topic | Next topic
mitsumanDec-13-01 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5010, "jacking up after getting lowered."

well i was looking at my friends jack yesterday and it doesnt seem like it would fit under my car after it gets lowered. so how the hell am i supposed to jack up my car when its lowered. sorry if this is a stupid question. thnx

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman
AEM cold air intake
NGK plugs
custom grill
motegi mr7 17''
yokohama A550v 235/45/17
sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2 10'' audiobahn subs and
audiobahn amp

Wanted:
1. Star stage II(possibly the
NER kit now)
2. lots more crap

coming very soon:
1. CF hood
2. blitz front end
3. H&R race springs

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: jacking up after getting lowered., iamnotwhoiam, Dec-13-01 06:05 AM, #1
RE: jacking up after getting lowered., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-13-01 06:10 AM, #2
RE: jacking up after getting lowered., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Dec-13-01 06:12 AM, #3
      RE: jacking up after getting lowered., mitsuman, Dec-13-01 08:05 AM, #4
           RE: jacking up after getting lowered., daved, Dec-13-01 09:28 AM, #5
RE: jacking up after getting lowered., UFO, Dec-13-01 09:34 AM, #6
RE: jacking up after getting lowered., Eric97GS, Dec-13-01 10:42 AM, #7
      RE: jacking up after getting lowered., fauchpj, Dec-13-01 01:08 PM, #8
           RE: jacking up after getting lowered., 1TuffRS, Dec-13-01 01:22 PM, #9
                RE: jacking up after getting lowered., Mannyyy, Dec-13-01 01:56 PM, #10
                     RE: jacking up after getting lowered., HadesOmega, Dec-13-01 02:07 PM, #11
                          RE: jacking up after getting lowered., 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-13-01 03:32 PM, #12
                               RE: jacking up after getting lowered., LunarEclipse, Dec-16-01 09:34 PM, #13
                                    RE: jacking up after getting lowered., Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Dec-17-01 12:50 AM, #14
                                         RE: jacking up after getting lowered., rpm97talon, Dec-17-01 02:15 AM, #15
                                              RE: jacking up after getting lowered., evan2, Dec-17-01 03:20 AM, #16
                                                   RE: jacking up after getting lowered., mitsuman, Dec-17-01 04:02 AM, #17

iamnotwhoiamDec-13-01 06:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5011, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 0

you will have to get a special jack that is made for lowered cars... its part of the downfalls of lowering your car... sheesh our cars are low as it is to me sometimes.. not sure of who makes these jacks, but they are out there and will cost more than regular jacks..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-13-01 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#5012, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 1

Drive up on a coupla 2x4's, then put the jack under it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorEvuLFleADec-13-01 06:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#5013, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 1

Hahahaha reminds me of one time I blew a tire and my front end scraped on the ground and my car was pretty much lower than Cyans. There was no way to get a jack under so I ended up having to jack it up almost by the rear wheel just to change the tire.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

mitsumanDec-13-01 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#5014, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 3

hey good idea dino. didnt think of that. thnx

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman
AEM cold air intake
NGK plugs
custom grill
motegi mr7 17''
yokohama A550v 235/45/17
sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2 10'' audiobahn subs and
audiobahn amp

Wanted:
1. Star stage II(possibly the NER kit now)
2. lots more crap

coming very soon:
1. CF hood
2. blitz front end
3. H&R race springs

Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com

davedDec-13-01 09:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#5015, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 4

Yup Dino got it right, thats how I jack my car up. No reason to buy a special jack that probably costs a shit load when you can find a 2x4 in your garage.

1999 Eclipse RS (all show)
1990 Turbo Eclipse (race)

UFODec-13-01 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
87 posts,
#5016, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 0

I could not jack my car from the front also.
But the way I did, I jack it up by using
the regular one that comes with the car,
jack it up on the side behind the front wheel.
Then, I can jack it with the big one on the front.

UFO

Eric97GSDec-13-01 10:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
325 posts,
#5017, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 6

I can usually get by with a friend pulling up on my fender just to get it up like .5 inches and that does the trick. Or I use a pallet jack to lift up the side of my car.

97 Eclipse GS

fauchpjDec-13-01 01:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#5018, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 7

one of my friends used to have a 2door accord pretty low and we just picked up on the front and slid the jack under there

1TuffRSDec-13-01 01:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#5019, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 8

I just jack my car up using the stock jack and have never had any probs. Hell I was up under my car today changing the oil. I dont know how low you guys are but Im dropped 1.5 inches w/ no probs

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

MannyyyDec-13-01 01:56 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#5020, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 9

Hah, I changed my oil today too.

I use two small jacks, one on each side.

-Manny

HadesOmegaDec-13-01 02:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#5021, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 10

haha I blew two tires on the mountain on the same side of the car one night. haha man that sucked, I couldn't get my mini jack under the car, and I barely managed to fit the stock knuckle scraper jack under it. Haha don't try to jack you car up on a hill also, it don't work, it fell over.

Just use the stock jack, it should fit, it's pretty low already. just jack it up high enough to fit your hydraulic jack (if ya got) I suggest you get one if you work on your car a lot, big help!

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

9D9 MITSU RSDec-13-01 03:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#5022, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 11

with the front I have, I just put a jack under the center b/c it dips up in the middle. I get a jack on the frame and go up. A 2x4 would be cheaper than a front tho.

LunarEclipseDec-16-01 09:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#5023, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 12

yeah me too, just use 2 jacks... the one with the spare tire in the trunk to get it high enough, then slip the other under

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Dec-17-01 12:50 AM

#5024, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 13

hehe, I seen this thread a little late ic.

Um, to put it bluntly...I HATE JACKING UP THIS THING! IT's A BEEYATCH! :o

Most times, people will lift up the front end by the fenders and I slide the jack underneath. Or, drive it on blocks, like deeeeno said. If you're gonna lower your car, this is one of the dreadful fun little happy perks as a side effect.

admin@dsmscene.com

rpm97talonDec-17-01 02:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
#5025, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 14

Hey bro the guys I run around with ( houston 2gnt) all got together and piched in for a low jack. Its made by ac delco. Its a 3 1/2 ton jack, Its actually a little beefy but since I plan to work on everyones car we bought a good one. It cost around 180 and the benifit is it lifts the car off the ground about a foot 1/2 in about 6 pumps later mike

stage BIG custom mj racing turbo set up, built block.worked head,all tial components, hks evcez,spearco 992,oh yeah and a huge bottle in the trunk last run all turbo 13.8@108 no nos dyno'd at AEBS in Cali with 300+ hp to the wheels

evan2Dec-17-01 03:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#5026, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 15

i used to use the stock jack and a diff jack.. when i had it slammed 4 inches all around.. but now its 3 4 with a kit.. so its a pain to jack up.. i can get my hydralic jack in the back fine.. in the front i roll up on blocks.. and do it that way.. i can fit on one lift in the area.. and its on base so i can use it all the time.. so its nice..

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

mitsumanDec-17-01 04:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#5027, "RE: jacking up after getting lowered."
In response to Reply # 16

cool. since i aint gettin the race springs no more im a little happier. was kinda iffy bout a 2 inch drop.now that i got the sports we'll c what happens. thnx for all the replys

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. AEM cold air intake
1. NGK plugs

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped in yokohama A550v 235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2 eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2 eclipse804)

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a boy can dream

coming very soon:
1. CF hood

Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5010 Previous topic | Next topic