Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4753
View in linear mode

Subject: "Monroe struts" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
madregalNov-29-01 09:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4753, "Monroe struts"

i am short on cash. i wanna lower my car.. but only have enough for prok-kits... i really do not want to put them on wit stock struts (73,000 miles on them) ... i read somewhere here that monroe makes something for us. they should be cheaper than kybs or tokicos (i'm sure not as good) but better than my old stockers for sure.

anybody have them on?

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Monroe struts, Danny95ESI, Nov-29-01 02:23 PM, #1
RE: Monroe struts, Logic3, Nov-29-01 06:02 PM, #2
      RE: Monroe struts, Amish_Eclipse, Nov-30-01 06:03 AM, #3
RE: Monroe struts, Karl, Dec-01-01 05:50 PM, #4
RE: Monroe struts, iNoise, Jan-02-11 02:21 PM, #5
      RE: Monroe struts, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-02-11 04:09 PM, #6

Danny95ESINov-29-01 02:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4754, "RE: Monroe struts"
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry....don't have monroe shocks....i'm assuming they'll feel close to stock...

hey, i don't know how much you have to spend but MACHV.COM has a Tokico shock/spring package for $399....MODACAR.COM also has a another shock/spring package for $425. You have enuff for Prokits so that's $200 bucks plus Monroes shocks which are probably $100-120? Sell some blood or something to get a couple of extra bucks.

Logic3Nov-29-01 06:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#4755, "RE: Monroe struts"
In response to Reply # 1

Monroe makes sturts for the GSX but I don't think they make sturts for the FWD Eclipses.....not sure though. They are not cheap. I would just get Tokico NAs.

http:///www.atomicautosport.com has them for $265 shipped just to add another option to the ones already given.

Amish_EclipseNov-30-01 06:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#4756, "RE: Monroe struts"
In response to Reply # 2

monroe makes them for us. they are sold at SEARS. they are stock replacements they suck your better off goin with kyb gr2's they're more of a performance strut and they are cheaper

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

KarlDec-01-01 05:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#4757, "RE: Monroe struts"
In response to Reply # 0

Stay away from Monroe!! They sux! They don't last long and will blow quickly if you lower your car.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

iNoiseJan-02-11 02:21 PM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#33161, "RE: Monroe struts"
In response to Reply # 4

Yea i have the monroe's, they suck. I can feel everything. Stay away, wish i bought some blue's

AdministratorCODE4Jan-02-11 04:09 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#33162, "RE: Monroe struts"
In response to Reply # 5

Pay attention to the thread dates. This was from 2001. If you have nothing relevant then do not post.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4753 Previous topic | Next topic