Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #469
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lifetime Alignment for 140 at Discount Tire? Can they do it?" Previous topic | Next topic
Teameclipse804Jan-21-01 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#469, "Lifetime Alignment for 140 at Discount Tire? Can they do it?"

Hey I need some suggestions. I can get a lifetime alignment at discount tire for 140 (every 5000 miles for the life of the car, all four corners). They said they will do their "best" to align it but since my car is lowered abou 1.5 - 2" they can't guarantee anything. Should I get this lifetime alignment or just pay 50 bucks each time I need an alignment at a smaller shop that I trust. How often do I need an alignment? I'm getting coilovers soon also...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipse_gsJan-22-01 05:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#470, "RE: Lifetime Alignment for 140 at Discount Tire? Can they do it?"
In response to Reply # 0

The reason they cant guarantee the alignment is becaue you rear wheels' camber will be off a couple of degrees. If you bought a camber kit for the rears they will align the car right. I just put coilovers on my 95 GS, just waiting on the camber kit to arrive.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaJan-22-01 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#471, "Don't Do IT!"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounds good but if they feel they have to say that then they can start half assing it too. then it becomes a waste of money. I'd tell them if they can align to drive straight then I'd do it, then you can adjust the camber yourself.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Teameclipse804Jan-22-01 06:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#472, "RE: Don't Do IT!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hmmm but every shop I have talked to have said that they can only do their "best" to align it. They all say that the camber may be off because its lowered, which is true. The $140 lifetime alignment ends at the end of the month. Its good at all Discount Tires. But are discount tires a good place to get an alignment?

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

SkrillaJan-23-01 03:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#473, "RE: Don't Do IT!"
In response to Reply # 3

If they all say that then go ahead with it. Again I'd just terll them to make sure it drives straight, it has nothing to do with camber. Just tell them to align as far as possible, without the camber kit

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #469 Previous topic | Next topic