Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4660
View in linear mode

Subject: "GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?" Previous topic | Next topic
GrashperNov-27-01 07:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4660, "GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"

Wich of the 2 should I get. I have the Progress Springs wich I think drop about 1.5-1.7

As much as I would like to get some adjustables, I just can't afford it at this time. Both of these are within my price range.

Also I do want to get more handling performance. But this is my daily driver. So what do you think?

no more 420A

only 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-27-01 09:50 AM, #1
RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Grashper, Nov-27-01 10:04 AM, #2
RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Karl, Nov-27-01 10:27 AM, #3
RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Teameclipse804, Nov-27-01 12:54 PM, #4
      RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, LoudEclipse, Nov-27-01 05:05 PM, #5
           RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Grashper, Nov-27-01 05:37 PM, #6
                RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, LoudEclipse, Nov-27-01 07:25 PM, #7
                     RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Danny95ESI, Nov-29-01 02:28 PM, #8
                          RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Amish_Eclipse, Nov-30-01 11:07 AM, #9
                               RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, Grashper, Nov-30-01 02:11 PM, #10
                                    RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-30-01 04:27 PM, #11
                                         RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-06-01 04:51 AM, #12
                                              RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Dec-06-01 05:15 AM, #13
                                                   RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-06-01 08:28 AM, #14
                                                        RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?, LoudEclipse, Dec-08-01 05:05 PM, #15

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-27-01 09:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4661, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the blues and love them. The ride isn't harsh (i'm not lowered - hate camber problems and tires aren't cheap) but it certainly improved handling. Can't say for the others, as these are the only ones i've tried.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GrashperNov-27-01 10:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#4662, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 1

Cool. I was thinking of getting these ones anyways but wanted to ask everyone else there oppinions. Thanks for the info.

no more 420A

only 4G63

KarlNov-27-01 10:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#4663, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 0

Get the Tokico HP (blues) if you want more of a performance strut. The KYB GR-2's are mainly a replacement, stock strut. Many car factories use the GR-2's as stockers.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

Teameclipse804Nov-27-01 12:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4664, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 3

Also if you ever plan on getting Skunk2 coilovers, get the GR2 over the tokikos.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

LoudEclipseNov-27-01 05:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#4665, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 4

I heard non adj shocks are only last 10-15% longer than stock, or are only 10-15% better than stock so i dunno, i am gonna save and get adj struts

GrashperNov-27-01 05:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#4666, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 5

I would save as well, but I am still running on the stock struts with 72,300 miles on them. Plus X-mas is killing me right now. Its time they go. The ride is all shitty. Plus I got some new springs. Do it all at once.

no more 420A

only 4G63

LoudEclipseNov-27-01 07:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#4667, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 6

true true, or you could always get some monroe oem replacements cause they are cheap as hell then wait a while longer......

Danny95ESINov-29-01 02:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
#4668, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 7

Hmmmm.....i hate my Tok blues right now on my 2G w/ sportlines and loved the KYBs on my 1G w/ pro kit....

the blues are better than stock ones though

Amish_EclipseNov-30-01 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#4669, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 8

if you want adustables in the long run than take the money you have now for the blues and stick it in an envelope and save it till your ready to get the adjustables

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

GrashperNov-30-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#4670, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 9

How ling do you think I could ride on my stock shocks once I put my new springs. Remember my car has 73K miles on it and the shocks are the factory ones. So I can feel the need for new shocks, you think I'll be ok for a couple of months?

no more 420A

only 4G63

TeamJasonESi_TNov-30-01 04:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#4671, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 10

I have the Blues. Been on them over a year lowered about 1.5. The struts still work great without any bounce and have a lifetime warrantee IIRC.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

9D9 MITSU RSDec-06-01 04:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#4672, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 11

so, tokico blues have a lifetime warranty? What's the avg cost? Also, do they work well with the sportlines?

ModeratorEvuLFleADec-06-01 05:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#4673, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 12

They do have a lifetime warranty. Avg is around $250 shipped. Right now I would suggest saving for the Illuminas. I have seen them for $65 each and another for $280 shipped. The Illuminas will probably be worth saving for just for the added ability to change the stiffness. I do not know any links off hand but check out ImportHookUp and find a special on there.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

9D9 MITSU RSDec-06-01 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#4674, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 13

so, I have sportlines. I would be better with adjustables right? Cuz non adjustables aren't made for that low of a car really are they? What's the price difference on avg also???

LoudEclipseDec-08-01 05:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#4675, "RE: GR-2 or Tokiko Blues?"
In response to Reply # 14

wo0t!
i want adj tokico's, specs look good, and peoples testimony make me want them

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4660 Previous topic | Next topic