Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4613
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lowering Springs." Previous topic | Next topic
97 ESiOct-17-01 09:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4613, "Lowering Springs."

Hey, as some of you may have noticed I'm a newbie.

My question is what is the cheapest/best set of lowering springs? What I really want is something that will lower my car about an inch or 2 and will be easy (well, not impossilbe) to raise back to stock riding height for the winter.

Thanks,
Mike.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorEvuLFleAOct-17-01 09:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4614, "RE: Lowering Springs."
In response to Reply # 0

It is winter dude. Well its snowing in north dakota. Very very little though. People like the Eibach Pro Kits around here its about 1.6" drop. I had the intrax springs that was like a 1.5" drop and rode like shit.

Still being designed but worth a look!
www.extreme420a.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

9D9 MITSU RSOct-17-01 12:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#4615, "RE: Lowering Springs."
In response to Reply # 1

I got the eibach sportline kit. Most people do prefer the pro kit tho. The sportlines give u a nice drop. Most people say my car's slammed. As long as u don't have a body kit yet, you'll be fine. After a few days, I was good and quit scraping. It's not that bad. If you want to have adjustable height, get Ground Control coilovers.

davedOct-17-01 03:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#4616, "RE: Lowering Springs."
In response to Reply # 2

If you want the abillity to raise and lower the car at will you have to go with coilovers. I recommend Skunk2's, alot of people give that set up a bad rap cause it rides a little rough, but thats the price you gotta pay for performance. I really don't think they ride that rough. Also a good idea to have them in case you car breaks down, you cant tow a lowered car trust me on that one. I just threw a rod through the block and there was no way they where going to tow my car that low with my fiberglass body kit. If they did it would of been bye bye bodykit!

1999 Eclipse RS (all show)
1990 Turbo Eclipse (race)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4613 Previous topic | Next topic