Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4484
View in linear mode

Subject: "The lower I go......" Previous topic | Next topic
slacker911Oct-10-01 10:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4484, "The lower I go......"

The more she likes it. Anyways my real question is that I am putting on my springs this weekend they are a 2" drop will I need chamber kits or not? I am pretty sure I don't but want to double check.

Good Vibrations Performance & Audio
For all you cars needs
gvperformance@hotmail.com

Installed- Aem CAI, Apexi Megaphone Dunk cat back, NGK plugs

Sitting in room-Neuspeed race springs
More to come.....

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: The lower I go......, Ryan_RS, Oct-10-01 11:16 AM, #1
RE: The lower I go......, KaptainKillgore (Guest), Oct-10-01 11:20 AM, #2
      RE: The lower I go......, XT_DSM, Oct-10-01 11:31 AM, #3
           RE: The lower I go......, KaptainKillgore (Guest), Oct-10-01 11:46 AM, #4
                RE: The lower I go......, klipzracer, Oct-10-01 11:51 AM, #5
                     RE: The lower I go......, slacker911, Oct-10-01 12:27 PM, #6
                          RE: The lower I go......, Teameclipse804, Oct-10-01 02:11 PM, #7
                               RE: The lower I go......, 9D9 MITSU RS, Oct-10-01 02:21 PM, #8
                                    RE: The lower I go......, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Oct-10-01 02:45 PM, #9
                                         RE: The lower I go......, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-10-01 02:53 PM, #10

Ryan_HesOct-10-01 11:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4485, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 0

First of all, their called camber kits. You will need one with a 2" drop, guaranteed. Go with the ingalls, 1.75 - 3 set. I think it is #1157, not positive though. You only need 1 set, for your fronts. The rear wheels can be done with shims. Ask around you local auto service places, and ask about camber correction. Make sure to get an alignment afterwards; in fact after any modification where you alter the geometry of the car.

p.s. I would not consider lowering the car without camber kits. Your tires won't last more than a month. I know from experience...heh.

Ryan
Ryeguy2002@Hotmail.com
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KaptainKillgore (Guest)Oct-10-01 11:20 AM

#4486, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 1

LAST EDITED ON 10-Oct-01 AT 04:22 PM (PST)

not to contradict you...but I got a 3" drop and it has sagged over the years with no camber kit....and I only been through 3 sets of tires in 3-4 yrs......

Then again...i'm too ####n lazy to get alignment/camber kit....hehe
Oh and Ryan...your car looks ####n sweet, duugggg.

You (or anyone) really just have to worry about the rear, not really the front. My rear wheels go / \ a lil bit...but not that much to really affect the tire wear...granted its a LIL bit of wear...but still...diff strokes fer diff folks!

"Kaptain Mike"
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/KaptainKillgore/index.htm
theblueghost@hotmail.com
1997 RS

XT_DSMOct-10-01 11:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#4487, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 2

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

Kaptain Mike
you were fine with no camber kit just because you are running the stock 14" wheels. but as soon as you go with bigger wheels like 17s with low profile tires, the inside of your tires will go bad hella quick, this will be even worest with 18s (too much negative camber)

bottom line, with stock 14" wheels and 2" drope, you could be fine without camber kit correction, but once you go with 17 or 18" wheels, camber kit becomes a must unless you wanna change your tires once every 6 months or so.

Adel

Ported TB and Intake manifold ** ported and milled head ** PT rockers and lifters ** Crane Drag cams #16 ** Crane valve springs and retainers ** AEM cam gears ** Hotshots headers ** Greddy Cat back ** Iceman CAI ** S-AFC ** and the usual handling mods

KaptainKillgore (Guest)Oct-10-01 11:46 AM

#4488, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 3

hehe...maybe ONE day I will finally buy rims and find out

I need $$$ for RIMS! it is driving me nuts...i get alot of shit about having stock 14s on. oh wells.....

My excuse? "Nah, #####. It's for the track use only, duuug!"

"Kaptain Mike"
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/KaptainKillgore/index.htm
theblueghost@hotmail.com
1997 RS

klipzracerOct-10-01 11:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#4489, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah adel and ryan are right you WILL need a camber kit or you WILL eat tires. do the free mod for the back and get the ingalls camber kit for the front. and ryan you are right the part number is 1157.

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com (pretty original, huh?)

http://www.threebrain.com/weeeeee.html

1990 GSX (14.1 in the 1/4 mile, so far)
1997 RS (it just looks neat)

slacker911Oct-10-01 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#4490, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanx for the help. Also I ment camber can't think today. I have already scheduled an alignment for the next day.

Coming soon.......
Good Vibrations Performance & Audio
gvperformance@hotmail.com

Installed- Aem CAI, Apexi Megaphone Dunk cat back, NGK plugs

Sitting in room-Neuspeed race springs
More to come.....

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

Teameclipse804Oct-10-01 02:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4491, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 6

Depending on how aggressive you drive, you might not really need it...I had the insides of my tires worn out a LOT more than the center portion, but by the time I replaced the tires, the center portion of the tread was worn down past the wear bars, so I still got the full life out of my tires...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom - Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

9D9 MITSU RSOct-10-01 02:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#4492, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 7

I lowered on eibach sportlines. I didn't buy a camber kit. Now I need one for the rear.

ModeratorEvuLFleAOct-10-01 02:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#4493, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 8

If you lower you dont NEED a camber kit but you will see once you lower why you should have bought one.

Still being designed but worth a look!
www.extreme420a.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-10-01 02:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4494, "RE: The lower I go......"
In response to Reply # 9

I looked down the side of my car from the back after I dropped it and you can definetely see the rears leaning inward. Fronts still look ok though. I think I'm just gonna do the camber mod on the rear and not worry about the front.

-Tony 98' GS-T

http://www.hometown.aol.com/turboclipz/index.html

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4484 Previous topic | Next topic