Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #433
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eibach- - - Pro Kit or Sportline?" Previous topic | Next topic
MYBISHIJan-17-01 05:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
46 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#433, "Eibach- - - Pro Kit or Sportline?"

I'm looking into lowering my 1998 Eclipse N/T but i'm not sure if i want to go with the Eibach Pro Kit or the Sportline Springs. I know that the Pro Kit has really good ride quality but i want the look of Sportline. I also have found that the Sportline is usually cheaper in price than the Pro-Kit. Does anyone have either of these springs on thier car? What's the ride quality like? How bad to you scrape the front of your car? What type of springs do you guys recommend? Any info would help a lot. If anyone has any springs for sale please let me know. Thanks ALL!

-MYBISHI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Tony M (Guest)Jan-17-01 06:14 PM

#434, "RE: Eibach- - - Pro Kit or Sportline?"
In response to Reply # 0

i have the pro kit and have lost the ability to drive into half of my buds driveways and also the ability to get on the hydrolic jacks at most auto shops...i scrape more than id like and i cant imagine what itd be like with the sportlines...as far as the ride quality its noticably a little bit firmer but the handling that comes with it was well worth it!

tony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamStan2gntJan-18-01 01:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#435, "RE: Eibach- - - Pro Kit or Sportline?"
In response to Reply # 0

Almost everyone with the Sportsline says they love the looks but its too low to be practicle. I've put my car next to cars with the Pro-kit and my car is lower even though my springs (Suspension Techniques) are suppose to be 1.3" drop also. http://www.roadraceengineering.com has a pic of both Sportline and Pro kit in the eclipse catalog under suspension/springs and their oppinion as well. Also my struts (KBY AGX) raised my front end. My car used to sit like sportsline springs with stock struts.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-18-01 03:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#436, "RE: Eibach- - - Pro Kit or Sportline?"
In response to Reply # 0

I run the sportlines with koni sport struts. Ride quality is pretty good in my opinion. As others have stated its a little on the low side. I have to come in/out side ways on most all driveways or the front end will scrap. You will also scrap on the bottom of the car if you go over any really big speed bumps. I only know of 2 areas in my town this happens because some wise ass decided the speed bumps needed to be really big. Don't have a problem with normal sized speed bumps. Has for as looks i like the way it sits but the wheel gap on the front fenders compared to the rear is starting to annoy me. I have been thinking about going the H&R sport springs. They dont lower as much as the eibach sportlines do but they have an angled drop(lowers more in the front then the rear) I hope this will even out the fender gaps so they at least look the same.

MYBISHIJan-18-01 07:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
46 posts,
#437, "RE: Eibach- - - Pro Kit or Sportline?"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for all your info guys! I do have 3 or 4 little slopes that i have to take slow going into my college campus right now and my apartment complex without scraping so i think i might just go with the Pro-Kit. I've been kinda looking around for other types of Springs as well. I understand that Eibach is not the only springs out there but they're the only ones that i'm familar with. If anybody has any suggestions on springs please let me know.

Thanks again!
-MYBISHI

John99RSJan-18-01 08:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#438, "RE: Eibach- - - Pro Kit or Sportline?"
In response to Reply # 4

I have the Pro kit on Tokicos and love them. You do have to be VERY careful when driving around though....watch out for stuff or the car will pay for it. Later...

John
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #433 Previous topic | Next topic