Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3529
View in linear mode

Subject: "aah help! wheel gremlins" Previous topic | Next topic
Erik ZSep-09-01 07:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3529, "aah help! wheel gremlins"

I finally got my new shogun wheels on last friday (after getting the new lug nuts) but there are some problems now.

At highway speeds, and especially when getting to around 80mph and higher(I assume) the steering wheel shakes like crazy. Okay, this did not happen with the old wheels ever. The new wheels and tires were balanced before they were mounted. What's up with this? My only guess is a bad thing happened - I read some where that you arent supposed to use compressed air guns to put on the lug nuts on custom wheels. I saw them tightening the nuts with a compressed air gun at the end! Tell me they didn't warp my wheels already! I went to discount tire direct because all they do is sell tires and wheels and I thought they would do their job correctly!!!

Also, the steering feels so rubbery now. It's like it wants to go the left for a while, then the right, then the left - it makes going in a straight line kind of a chore now. Have you guys experienced this going plus size?

I've gone from the stock 14s to 17", and I have yokohama avid H4's.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

NorthstarSep-09-01 08:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3530, "RE: aah help! wheel gremlins"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds to me like you need a four wheel alignment done.

James
1999 Eclipse RS
Northstar White
mymitsu99@hotmail.com
http://northstar.pcizone.com/index.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-09-01 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3531, "RE: aah help! wheel gremlins"
In response to Reply # 1

Make sure all the weights they put on to balance the wheel are still there. No weights, no balancing done. Also, an alignment couldn't hurt... Funny note, i was at the Summit NHRA Import drag at HRP this Saturday, and overheard one of the racer's talking to Kubo, after he had his car aligned, not only did it drive straight, it took 2/10th's off his time... so it never hurts

For Mitsubishi Technical Manuals, INCLUDING the 97-99 electrical and service manuals, ckick HERE:
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3529 Previous topic | Next topic