Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #351
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-05-01 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#351, "Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"

Ok the coil-overs dont fit on the rear struts. I have heard that you have to do some molding or something. Someone please help. The fronts fit fine though.

Jeff Stillwell
1998 Mitsubishi
Eclipse RS
ICQ #2199879 - add me!!

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, Teamicjeclipse, Jan-05-01 10:07 AM, #1
RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-05-01 06:16 PM, #2
      RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, Teamicjeclipse, Jan-06-01 10:17 AM, #3
           RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, Wildflyer897, Mar-26-04 09:54 AM, #4
                RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-26-04 06:07 PM, #5
                     RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, oMInOUs97RS, Mar-27-04 08:35 PM, #6
                          RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, Teameclipse804, Apr-05-04 06:02 PM, #7
                               RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-08-04 07:34 AM, #8
                                    RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, oMInOUs97RS, Apr-08-04 09:40 PM, #9
                                         RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-10-04 09:23 AM, #10

TeamicjeclipseJan-05-01 10:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#352, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 0

I have skunkwork coilover and Tokicos on the rear of my car. The sleeve fits on my shock just not over the spring perch that is welded on to the shock. You have to grind that off to have the sleeve fit over that.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-05-01 06:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#353, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 1

How did you grind it off?

Jeff Stillwell
1998 Mitsubishi
Eclipse RS
ICQ #2199879 - add me!!

98 ESi
95 GS

TeamicjeclipseJan-06-01 10:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#354, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 2

I haven't grinded it off yet. I need to find someone or rent a bench grinder to grind it off.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Wildflyer897Mar-26-04 09:54 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
34 posts,
#23255, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 3

what other struts do you guys like with skunk2 coilovers... adjustable please....

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-26-04 06:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#23266, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Wildflyer897
what other struts do you guys like with skunk2 coilovers... adjustable please....

Hey man, you are bringing up very very very old posts. Mainly we use the old archives for research only.

But with skunks the only struts really made for coilovers are the Koni yellows.

98 ESi
95 GS

oMInOUs97RSMar-27-04 08:35 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#23270, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 5

Why don't you just put the coil over sleeve on the perch?

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

Teameclipse804Apr-05-04 06:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#23358, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by oMInOUs97RS
Why don't you just put the coil over sleeve on the perch?

The car will be too high if you leave it on the perch (even at the coilovers' lowest settings). BTW, icjeclipse eventually had problems with the rear coilover falling down over the tokiko shocks in the rear (hit a speed bump and you car drops down to the ground). He eventually got rid of em. I have skunk2's with kyb gr-2 shocks. You can just knock off the spring perch easily with a mallet, and I have had no probs. Probably going to sell my set soon and go back to stock if you're interested (email me at eclipse804@hotmail.com)

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-08-04 07:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#23399, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 7

I didn't have any trouble with my maxspeeds on stock struts. If you use the o-rings on the weld then the sleeve shouldn't fall down. I suppose over time if the weld isn't strong enough the car could break through though.

Having the sleeve sit on the perch does not work though unless you have super super tiny springs. Some people say they have the perches and they are slammed but I don't believe them.

98 ESi
95 GS

oMInOUs97RSApr-08-04 09:40 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#23414, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 8

Oh, I didn't know that it would make our cars sit up high. When I lowered a couple of Honduhs at my old job, I just put the sleeve on the perches because that is what the directions called for, and before anyone can flame me, obviously I know our cars are nothing like honduhs.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-10-04 09:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#23434, "RE: Question about Skunk2's and Tokico install!"
In response to Reply # 9

When I lowered a couple of Honduhs at my old job, I just put the sleeve on the perches because that is what the directions called for

our cars are nothing like honduhs.

Both statements are correct.

98 ESi
95 GS

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #351 Previous topic | Next topic