Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33635
View in linear mode

Subject: "DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse420agsApr-23-12 11:19 AM
Member since Apr 23rd 2012
99 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33635, "DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"

Hey guys not that new to the site forgot my last username anyway like its says got about a hundered how should i spend it? The DC strut bar or the tanabe front under brace?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-23-12 12:51 PM, #1
RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, eclipse420ags, Apr-23-12 01:32 PM, #2
      RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, Fotowntalon, Apr-24-12 09:04 AM, #3
           RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, eclipse420ags, Apr-24-12 12:18 PM, #4
                RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, TurbchargdSpydr, Apr-26-12 01:54 PM, #5
                     RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, eclipse420ags, Apr-27-12 06:08 AM, #6
                          RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, TurbchargdSpydr, Apr-27-12 12:11 PM, #7
                               RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, eclipse420ags, Apr-29-12 06:42 AM, #8
                                    RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, eclipse420ags, Apr-30-12 05:32 AM, #9
                                         RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, TurbchargdSpydr, Apr-30-12 10:26 AM, #10
                                              RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace, eclipse420ags, May-04-12 04:35 PM, #11

AdministratorCODE4Apr-23-12 12:51 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33638, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 0

Either. Neither will provide a noticeable difference by itself.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse420agsApr-23-12 01:32 PM
99 posts,
#33639, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 1

Really ok well I already have apexi coilovers what do you think would be the next step?

FotowntalonApr-24-12 09:04 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#33644, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 2

I enjoy the DC strut bar, but there isn't much of a noticeable difference, but then again as a 4 cylinder Na car, most mods by themselves (especially at the $100 range) wont make a noticeable difference, wont see much of an improvement till it all comes together. As for recommending parts, what are your goals with the car? What do you want it to be for?

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

eclipse420agsApr-24-12 12:18 PM
99 posts,
#33645, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 3

So what if i bought both? would i notice a difference then? Its mostly for spirited driving (there a nice off ramp on the way home) and the occasional drag strip. I hear the back of the car is braced pretty well besides everyone going with the rm sways.

TurbchargdSpydrApr-26-12 01:54 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
#33646, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipse420ags
So what if i bought both? would i notice a difference then? Its mostly for spirited driving (there a nice off ramp on the way home) and the occasional drag strip. I hear the back of the car is braced pretty well besides everyone going with the rm sways.

The rear is okay, but you should deff. look into getting a LOWER rear strut bar, on one forum, the OP said it really made a hell of a difference. It's about $40 for an ebay one!

Last of a dying breed...

eclipse420agsApr-27-12 06:08 AM
99 posts,
#33647, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 5

Really? ive heard that lower strut bar in the rear is just eye candy.

TurbchargdSpydrApr-27-12 12:11 PM
159 posts,
#33648, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 6

Really? ive heard that lower strut bar in the rear is just eye candy.

Well not for this guy, he swpre it made a difference for him...search around for if its not here than its on tuners! I dont remember if he had an Ebay one or one that was professionally made!

Last of a dying breed...

eclipse420agsApr-29-12 06:42 AM
99 posts,
#33649, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 7

Well guys went with the Tanabe underbrace. Its 64 bucks shipped to my door on ebay so ill keep ya posted.

eclipse420agsApr-30-12 05:32 AM
99 posts,
#33650, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 8

This just in bought a dc front strut bar off of dsmtuners for csb1001 for super cheap will keep yall posted on how they work together neither has come in yet.

TurbchargdSpydrApr-30-12 10:26 AM
159 posts,
#33652, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 9

This just in bought a dc front strut bar off of dsmtuners for csb1001 for super cheap will keep yall posted on how they work together neither has come in yet.

Great im really curious on your input!

Last of a dying breed...

eclipse420agsMay-04-12 04:35 PM
99 posts,
#33658, "RE: DC strut bar or Tanabe under brace"
In response to Reply # 10

So the company on ebay bailed and refunded my money for the underbrace but I put on the strut bar and I can feel a big difference there is way less body roll in turns.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33635 Previous topic | Next topic