Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33600
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear Suspension Assist Link ball joint." Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningMar-07-12 09:56 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33600, "Rear Suspension Assist Link ball joint."
Mar-08-12 08:49 PM by DarkOne

Ive taken off the rear compression arms, and im wondering if i need to replase the whole arm, or if i can press out the ball joint amd press a new one in.part 4161 in the link.

http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main34/main34sub010.html

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: rear compression arm ball joint., 2ndGen-ElTalon, Mar-07-12 10:21 PM, #1
RE: rear compression arm ball joint., AdministratorCODE4, Mar-08-12 04:20 AM, #2
RE: rear compression arm ball joint., streetlightning, Mar-08-12 07:49 AM, #3
      RE: rear compression arm ball joint., streetlightning, Mar-12-12 08:27 AM, #4
           RE: rear compression arm ball joint., streetlightning, Mar-12-12 12:51 PM, #5
                RE: rear compression arm ball joint., Islandertalon, Mar-12-12 06:48 PM, #6
                     RE: rear compression arm ball joint., streetlightning, Mar-12-12 07:25 PM, #7
                          RE: rear compression arm ball joint., Islandertalon, Mar-14-12 01:07 PM, #8

2ndGen-ElTalonMar-07-12 10:21 PM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33601, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 0

You have to replace the whole lower control arm/balljoint as an assembly. Shouldn't be much more then 50-70$.

Its not a press-through style.

Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Mar-08-12 04:20 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#33602, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by streetlightning
Ive taken off the rear compression arms, and im wondering if i need to replase the whole arm, or if i can press out the ball joint amd press a new one in.part 4161 in the link. Http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main34/main34sub010.html

You need to be more specific on what you are referring to. The compressions control arms refers to the "C" shaped arm in the front of the vehicle. You pasted a link (with a "mailto" incorrectly inserted, by the way) that depicts the rear suspension.

The only lower arms in the rear with a ball joint assembly are not compression arms. By part name, they are Rear Suspension Assist Links.

---

2012 2500HD LML

streetlightningMar-08-12 07:49 AM
778 posts,
#33603, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 2

Sorry, it was an attempt by phone, Fail.

CODE, you've got it, i am looking for the Rear Suspension Assist Links.
In the CAPS, it shows the Joint removed from the arm, thus giving me the impression they can be removed and replaced. Can they be replaced without replacing the whole arm?

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

streetlightningMar-12-12 08:27 AM
778 posts,
#33605, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 3

bump? Anyone know? Ive pressed out the Ball joint, and im having a hard time matching it...

streetlightningMar-12-12 12:51 PM
778 posts,
#33606, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 4

this one:

IslandertalonMar-12-12 06:48 PM
Member since Dec 19th 2006
46 posts,
#33607, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 5

I may be crazy but I seem to remember reading that they are the same as the front uppers. I have a new upper one that I can measure tomorrow once I pick up my caliper, if you want.

streetlightningMar-12-12 07:25 PM
778 posts,
#33608, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 6

Yea if you can that would be great. All the uppers ive looked are a little differnt.. but who knows. Lmk. Thx!

IslandertalonMar-14-12 01:07 PM
Member since Dec 19th 2006
46 posts,
#33609, "RE: rear compression arm ball joint."
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-14-12 01:14 PM by Islandertalon

Sorry I didn't get the pictures up last night, I couldn't find my camera. I still haven't found it, so I took a picture with my cell. Sorry for the quality.

The ball joint does look different, there is an addition groove along bottom (red measurement). The 33mm area also looks taller, so I have no idea if it will help or not.

Yellow= 13.5mm
Brown= 14.94mm

purple= 33mm
green= 31.39mm

blue= 34.26mm
red= 33.32mm

black= 42.23mm
Black "I"= 10.77mm

If it turns out that it might work and you need more measurements, just let me know.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33600 Previous topic | Next topic