Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33498
View in linear mode

Subject: "steering rack install issue" Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningDec-11-11 09:58 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33498, "steering rack install issue"

I'm installing my rack, but I cannot seem to get the spline'd pinion all of the way into the collar. The spline on the Pinion, goes bout 1/2 way and will go no further. Is the collar keyed? Or perhaps I am missing something? It's currently on jack stands. I was wondering if perhaps being on stands is causing the issue.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-12-11 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33499, "RE: steering rack install issue"
In response to Reply # 0

It's not keyed to the best of my recollection.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

streetlightningDec-12-11 08:19 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#33500, "RE: steering rack install issue"
In response to Reply # 1

Here is what I'm fighting.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

scorpo86Jan-22-12 08:15 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#33549, "RE: steering rack install issue"
In response to Reply # 2

air hammer, that's what i did and it worked

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33498 Previous topic | Next topic