Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33481
View in linear mode

Subject: "Baer big brakes" Previous topic | Next topic
venge24Dec-07-11 09:32 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33481, "Baer big brakes"

Inwas able to get my hands on a complete set of 13" Baer front brakes from a Honda guy (4 bolt hole rotor) a while back for 60$, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could get a set of 12" or 13" rotors to fit my application. I've searched around with no luck, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? I don't know

quetion 2, can I run 13" rotors on 17" rims? If not I'll go with 12" rotors

I plan on getting a machine shop to build me an caliper bracket once I get my rotors..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Dec-08-11 06:38 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33482, "RE: Baer big brakes"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you looked at evolution X rotors?

And no one can definitively tell you what rim will work as it depends on rim design, offset, caliper mounting, etc. If you want to swim in untested waters you have to test what works and what does not.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezDec-08-11 01:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#33483, "RE: Baer big brakes"
In response to Reply # 1

13" rotors will work with 17" rims depending on the caliper. Unfortunately it's hard to predict if you are piecing your kit together.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

venge24Dec-08-11 05:08 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
33 posts,
#33487, "RE: Baer big brakes"
In response to Reply # 2

well i think i may play it safe and go with a 12 or 12,5" rotor, ill look into the evo x rotors, i just dont really know what to look for.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33481 Previous topic | Next topic