Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33456
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear Hub assembly help." Previous topic | Next topic
navdude101Nov-14-11 08:14 AM
Member since Nov 14th 2011
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33456, "Rear Hub assembly help."
Nov-14-11 08:22 AM by navdude101

I recently (4 months ago) replaced both of my rear hub assemblys on my 98 eclipse gs. I only drive the car to work and back about 5 miles a day. No pot holes or anything. Yesterday my right rear hub spindal sheared off. I looked at the spindal and there was no rust or anything. This isnt the first time this has happened. 2nd time for the right side and 1 time on the left. The bearings are completly intact and move freely. Any ideas on what could be causeing this? Took it to a dealer and they have no idea except to say that I had faulty parts.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

2ndGen-ElTalonNov-14-11 08:35 AM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33457, "RE: Rear Hub assembly help."
In response to Reply # 0

A picture would really help a thousand times in this situation.

Though, If I had to guess. I'd say you have something worn on your rear end between sway bar & bushings, lower & upper control arms, lower trailing arm, shocks/struts. Whatever, its pretty obvious its putting too much weight & pressure on them, usually this is due to another part being worn out & putting its load elsewhere.

In this case, elsewhere is your wheel bearings/hubs.

Pictures though please.

Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

navdude101Nov-14-11 12:55 PM
Member since Nov 14th 2011
4 posts,
#33458, "RE: Rear Hub assembly help."
In response to Reply # 1

I try and get pics up tonight.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33456 Previous topic | Next topic