Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33412
View in linear mode

Subject: "POP sound & wheel bearing" Previous topic | Next topic
esiMonsterSep-21-11 01:52 PM
Member since May 18th 2011
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33412, "POP sound & wheel bearing"

It seems like every time i step on the throttle a little bit my car make a popping sound I've heard from multiple people it could be a bad cv axle but other people have told me it a bad motor mount can anyone help my clear this up? Also i have a bad rear wheel bearing how much equipment am I going to have to replace to solve that problem?

GOD CREATED BOOST LAG TO GIVE V8'S A CHANCE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GOct-07-11 05:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33431, "RE: POP sound & wheel bearing"
In response to Reply # 0

Engine mount is pretty easy to check. Have someone put the car in first, stomp on the brakes (+ handbrake, don't want your ass getting run over) and let out the clutch while giving the car a touch of throttle. Watch for excessive engine movement. If the engine pitches up and forward, check the rear mount. If it pitches downward, watch the front mount. It's pretty obvious if the front is toast.

Checking the axles is pretty easy too. Just get the car in the air and look for cracks or chunks missing from the axle boots. If the boots are solid, grab the axles themselves and see if they move around. A bad joint will usually shift around pretty easily.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hokie77Oct-18-11 04:52 AM
Member since Jun 01st 2008
10 posts,
#33437, "RE: POP sound & wheel bearing"
In response to Reply # 0

Mine is making the same popping noise (though not as frequently) and when I took it in, it was diagnosed as a rear wheel bearing. I haven't gotten it replaced yet, it's been sitting until then, but maybe that's all it is?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33412 Previous topic | Next topic