Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3330
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear Strut Brace" Previous topic | Next topic
z1pp0Jul-18-01 08:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3330, "Rear Strut Brace"

Just finished installing my rear strut brace, i got a cheap one at espeedgogo.com. it fits pretty good. i took it out for a spin. i think i noticed a difference, seemed like there was less understeer, but that might just be my mind playing tricks on me, anyone else notice a difference when they installed a rear strutbrace?

Kelly

- 97 Eclipse GS -
AEM Cold Air | Tanabe GPower Medallion | Magnecore Wires | Konig Villain 18x8s | Yokohoma Paradas | Tokico Premium Springs/Struts | F&R Stut Braces | Rear GST Disc Brakes and Sway Bar | Tint/Clear Corners/Big Stereo/Etc | Completely Rebuilt

HRC Stage II w/ FMIC | AFX UDP | Magnecore Wires | Tanade GPower Medallion | Tokico Stuts and Springs | 18x8 Konig Villains | Yokohoma Paradas | Damn Good Stereo | A bunch of other common shit | Completely Rebuilt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Yes I noticed a difference. I have 5 Strut bars. . ., Fast420A, Jul-19-01 12:31 AM, #1
RE: Rear Strut Brace, EsiTalon, Jul-19-01 03:42 AM, #2
Not hard to install and I left the covers off, Fast420A, Jul-19-01 04:04 AM, #4
RE: Rear Strut Brace, madregal, Jul-19-01 03:44 AM, #3
RE: Rear Strut Brace, z1pp0, Jul-19-01 06:41 AM, #5
      RE: Rear Strut Brace, EsiTalon, Jul-19-01 06:56 AM, #6

Fast420AJul-19-01 12:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3331, "Yes I noticed a difference. I have 5 Strut bars. . ."
In response to Reply # 0

They are a cheap but effective mod for any car. I think everyone should have them if they don't already.

KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Custom 2 1/4 inch exhaust
Empty Catalytic Convertor
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EsiTalonJul-19-01 03:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
42 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3332, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 0

Was the Rear Upper STB hard to install? Did you modify the plastic covers or just leave them off?

V

95 Talon Esi AT

Mods
AEM CAI w/ bypass (coming)
FU & RU Strut Tower Bars (coming)
GS-T muffler (coming)

Sounds
Clarion Deck
Xtant 500W Amp
2 12" MTX subs

Fast420AJul-19-01 04:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#3333, "Not hard to install and I left the covers off"
In response to Reply # 2

KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Custom 2 1/4 inch exhaust
Empty Catalytic Convertor
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

madregalJul-19-01 03:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#3334, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 0

so you got the turbo rear strut bar and it fit?
hmm i tried ordering and the site said NOT AVAILABLE

'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
NGK Plugs and Wires
AEM Short Stack
GS-T Exhaust
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake manifold
AFX underdrive pulley
RRE Front Lower Bar

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

z1pp0Jul-19-01 06:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3335, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah i am pretty sure i bought the turbo strut brace at ESPEEDGOGO.com. It was polished silver with blue ends. It fits pretty good the hatch cover rests on top of it when closed. i am gonna add some sort of padding to the metal bracing of the hatch cover so it doesnt scratch the bar or rattle. My dad has a bunch of woodworking tools in his garage so i drilled 2" diameter holes into the plastic peices. today i am gonna go buy some of the door trim they sell at the auto store (i read this idea in a past post about STBs) and line the holes with it to make a nice clean install. later

Kelly

- 97 Eclipse GS -
AEM Cold Air | Tanabe GPower Medallion | Magnecore Wires | Konig Villain 18x8s | Yokohoma Paradas | Tokico Premium Springs/Struts | F&R Stut Braces | Rear GST Disc Brakes and Sway Bar | Tint/Clear Corners/Big Stereo/Etc | Completely Rebuilt

HRC Stage II w/ FMIC | AFX UDP | Magnecore Wires | Tanade GPower Medallion | Tokico Stuts and Springs | 18x8 Konig Villains | Yokohoma Paradas | Damn Good Stereo | A bunch of other common shit | Completely Rebuilt

EsiTalonJul-19-01 06:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
42 posts,
#3336, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 5

That's a great idea! I should do the same... Could you email me some pics when you get it done?

mjvischu@students.wisc.edu

Thanks!

V

95 Talon Esi AT

Mods
AEM CAI w/ bypass (coming)
FU & RU Strut Tower Bars (coming)
GS-T muffler (coming)

Sounds
Clarion Deck
Xtant 500W Amp
2 12" MTX subs

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3330 Previous topic | Next topic