Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33297
View in linear mode

Subject: "96 eclipse gs non turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
INFAMOUSUGCMay-25-11 02:36 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2006
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33297, "96 eclipse gs non turbo"

what up peeps have a a problem. car shakes while driving and braking. i have replaced both front bearings,control arm,tie rod ends,calipers,rotors and brakes. Need some other suggestions without spending any more. please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-25-11 02:47 PM, #1
RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, AdministratorCODE4, May-25-11 03:25 PM, #2
RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, INFAMOUSUGC, May-25-11 03:39 PM, #3
      RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, INFAMOUSUGC, May-25-11 03:40 PM, #4
           RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, Ebster1085, May-25-11 03:51 PM, #5
                RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, RoninEclipse2G, May-25-11 06:53 PM, #6
                     RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, INFAMOUSUGC, May-25-11 08:02 PM, #7
                          RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, INFAMOUSUGC, May-25-11 08:06 PM, #8
                               RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, jdm1990, May-25-11 08:44 PM, #9
                               RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-26-11 10:17 AM, #10
                                    RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, iNoise, Jun-14-11 11:56 AM, #11
RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo, 99RedGs, Jun-15-11 01:20 PM, #12

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-25-11 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33298, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

Had your wheels balanced recently?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4May-25-11 03:25 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#33299, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

Checked all bushings?

---

2012 2500HD LML

INFAMOUSUGCMay-25-11 03:39 PM
5 posts,
#33300, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

no havent checked all bushings could you tell which ones specifically, I bought tires about two weeks ago and it seemed to get worse.

INFAMOUSUGCMay-25-11 03:40 PM
5 posts,
#33301, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks for the quick reponses though.

Ebster1085May-25-11 03:51 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#33302, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

Balance your wheels/tires and make sure you have an alignment done.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

RoninEclipse2GMay-25-11 06:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#33304, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

like others have said, did you have an alignment done? Also, you said you did the tie rod ends, what about the inner tie rods? I have a bad inner that causes a small vibration on decel.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

INFAMOUSUGCMay-25-11 08:02 PM
5 posts,
#33305, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

no i havent changed the inner rods ill checks those tom after work thanks.

INFAMOUSUGCMay-25-11 08:06 PM
5 posts,
#33306, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 7

might also that when i drive over rough terrain or speed bumps i hear this rattling but when i jack the car up the wheels have no play either up or down or left to right.

jdm1990May-25-11 08:44 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
#33307, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

rattling could possibly be the brake dust shields. just another suggestion. Also, are you sure none of your rims are bent? Can you feel the vibration in the steering? or just the car in general? Is the vibration based on rpm's or speed? May help with determining what it is.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-26-11 10:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#33308, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by INFAMOUSUGC
might also that when i drive over rough terrain or speed bumps i hear this rattling but when i jack the car up the wheels have no play either up or down or left to right.

Check the upper knuckle to a-arm bushing on the rear corners. I've seen it fail and cause that rattle / clunking going over bumps.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

iNoiseJun-14-11 11:56 AM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#33309, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 10

Mine was doing this a while ago, turned out to be some bushings. Try checking those out.

99RedGsJun-15-11 01:20 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2007
42 posts,
#33310, "RE: 96 eclipse gs non turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

If its not a bent rim, then its probably that one or more of your wheels is out of balance.

Have you hit any potholes recently? Is one of the rims missing a balance weight?

Ah Vtec... All of the lag with none of the turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33297 Previous topic | Next topic