Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33277
View in linear mode

Subject: "What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?" Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterMay-11-11 06:01 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33277, "What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?"

I tried the search but all I could find is either for removal or some problem with the ABS.

What I want to know is what do I need to install an ABS sensor and wheel (the one that the sensors reads) in one of the rear wheels. I ask because I am going to try a speed reference boost control using the ABS sensor on one of the back wheels, since they wont spin and will give me the actual car speed. Thanxs in advance....

Pictures and part #'s would be nice also...

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?, AdministratorCODE4, May-11-11 11:31 AM, #1
RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?, Cyexmaster, May-11-11 03:14 PM, #2
      RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?, AdministratorCODE4, May-11-11 06:54 PM, #3
           RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?, Cyexmaster, May-11-11 10:39 PM, #4
                RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?, AdministratorCODE4, May-12-11 03:46 AM, #5
                     RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?, Cyexmaster, May-12-11 01:47 PM, #6

AdministratorCODE4May-11-11 11:31 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33278, "RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe the rear sensor is built into the hub, so you would need to replace your existing bear/hub assembly with one from an ABS equipped vehicle. I image the sensor mounts to the knuckle or backing plate.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CyexmasterMay-11-11 03:14 PM
324 posts,
#33279, "RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?"
In response to Reply # 1

It would be nice if someone cold get a pic of this to very and to see exactly what is different

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

AdministratorCODE4May-11-11 06:54 PM
2552 posts,
#33280, "RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?"
In response to Reply # 2

---

2012 2500HD LML

CyexmasterMay-11-11 10:39 PM
324 posts,
#33281, "RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?"
In response to Reply # 3

Could I just splice the wiring in this sensor or would I need the other part of the harness?

AdministratorCODE4May-12-11 03:46 AM
2552 posts,
#33282, "RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?"
In response to Reply # 4

Why do you think you need a physical connector to plug into?

---

2012 2500HD LML

CyexmasterMay-12-11 01:47 PM
324 posts,
#33283, "RE: What is needed to install ABS sensor and wheel to rear?"
In response to Reply # 5

Just asking in case the wires are a PITA to use or something like that...

I want to have as lees surprises as possible becuase I want to get this done fast when I get all the parts I need.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33277 Previous topic | Next topic