Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33276
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nitrogen? Or do these tires rock?" Previous topic | Next topic
FotowntalonMay-10-11 10:57 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33276, "Nitrogen? Or do these tires rock?"

I guess more of a review than anything. I've been running Falken Azenis 615's in the front and some random no name crap in the back. Well my ride has turned to crap over lowered suspension and not getting a camber adjustment kit yet. Long story short, I moved the Azenis 615's to the back, and mounted some Azenis 615K's to the front.

The place I got these mounted charged me about $5 more a tire than I normally pay (old place went out of business). And my ride became x10s smoother. Have yet to really test out the grip to much but I am simply amazed. It is either this company balances tires way better than the last, the fact that they use Nitrogen to fill the tires, or the 615K's are that much superior, though I suspect a combination of all 3.

Has anyone had a noticeable change in there ride through just nitrogen or upgrading from 615 to 615K's?

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Wes TankMay-15-11 08:40 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33284, "RE: Nitrogen? Or do these tires rock?"
In response to Reply # 0
May-15-11 08:41 AM by Wes Tank

615k's are just better then what you had on them. Nitrogen wouldn't matter ride wise. Older tires dry out and harden with time. Old tires were probably out of balance as well.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GMay-21-11 02:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#33287, "RE: Nitrogen? Or do these tires rock?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Wes Tank
615k's are just better then what you had on them. Nitrogen wouldn't matter ride wise. Older tires dry out and harden with time. Old tires were probably out of balance as well.

This.

No name tires tend to be much harsher, noisier and harder to balance. Getting them off the car and putting the nice freshly balanced Falkens on would make the biggest difference.

Nitrogen doesn't matter other than it has much less thermal expansion/contraction than standard air. It also doesn't leak past seals as easily. What this means is that you shouldn't need to check your tire pressure as often (but I still would)

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33276 Previous topic | Next topic