Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33238
View in linear mode

Subject: "Why is my back tires wearing out to fast" Previous topic | Next topic
panthers4Mar-14-11 10:20 PM
Member since Oct 31st 2010
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33238, "Why is my back tires wearing out to fast"

I changed my back tires about a month ago. They were good used tires. The tire are already wore out. tzhe back tires make a clicking when i drove over any kind of bump. The car also drives rough. What could cause these problems.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-15-11 03:41 AM, #1
RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-15-11 06:54 AM, #2
RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-16-11 12:33 PM, #3
      RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast, scorpo86, Mar-30-11 07:39 PM, #4
           RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast, NhCarDealer, Apr-20-11 03:31 PM, #5
RE: Why is my back tires wearing out to fast, NhCarDealer, Apr-20-11 03:32 PM, #6
RE: Why is my back tires wearing out to fast, eclipserstturbo, May-04-11 09:34 AM, #7

AdministratorCODE4Mar-15-11 03:41 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33239, "RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by panthers4
What could cause these problems.

alignment, bushings, struts/springs, improper tire balance.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCMar-15-11 06:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#33240, "RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GMar-16-11 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#33241, "RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by panthers4 What could cause these problems.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

scorpo86Mar-30-11 07:39 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#33253, "RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast"
In response to Reply # 3

Did you Alter anything in the rear?

NhCarDealerApr-20-11 03:31 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2011
10 posts,
#33254, "RE: Why ARE my back tires wearing out to fast"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by scorpo86
Did you Alter anything in the rear?

Check the alignment...paying 40.00 for a check up at the Dr. Alignment office will find your issue.

Previous Owner of MANY DSM's
~Dean C.

NhCarDealerApr-20-11 03:32 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2011
10 posts,
#33255, "RE: Why is my back tires wearing out to fast"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by panthers4
I changed my back tires about a month ago. They were good used tires. The tire are already wore out. tzhe back tires make a clicking when i drove over any kind of bump. The car also drives rough. What could cause these problems.

this could help

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=DIY_Alignment

Previous Owner of MANY DSM's
~Dean C.

eclipserstturboMay-04-11 09:34 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#33269, "RE: Why is my back tires wearing out to fast"
In response to Reply # 6

My car had a very similar issue. Turned out the upper control arm bushings at the top were toast, causing my alignment to be way off. Odds are those could be bad on yours too. Take the rear wheels off and look at the bushings. You should be able to tell if they are bad. On mine the rubber was almost completely gone and the bolts were just hanging in there.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33238 Previous topic | Next topic