Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33193
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sway Bar Bushings" Previous topic | Next topic
Nisshoku81Feb-08-11 12:56 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2007
174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33193, "Sway Bar Bushings"

Hey guys, i've searched but could not find an answer for this. Do I need to remove the sway bar links in order to replace the sway bar bushings? The reason I ask is because my car is lowered and I'm wondering if removing the link will take the pressure off the bar. It would suck to start replacing the bushings and the bar pops on me.

Second I purchased 19mm poly urethane bushing for the sway bar. Do these make any noticeable improvement overall?

Thanks guys!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

740 turbo brickFeb-08-11 05:29 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33194, "RE: Sway Bar Bushings"
In response to Reply # 0

Just jack the car up, unbolt the 2 bolts holding the bracket on, theres no pressure on it. Easy 10 min install. I havent driven mine on them but before I could pull and push the sway bar every which-a-way, now its solid.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nisshoku81Feb-09-11 06:08 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2007
174 posts,
#33195, "RE: Sway Bar Bushings"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Just jack the car up, unbolt the 2 bolts holding the bracket on, theres no pressure on it. Easy 10 min install. I havent driven mine on them but before I could pull and push the sway bar every which-a-way, now its solid.

Awesome! Thanks man.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33193 Previous topic | Next topic