Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33188
View in linear mode

Subject: "v6 avenger suspension on 98 eclipse. good or bad idea" Previous topic | Next topic
98_eclipseFeb-03-11 11:05 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2010
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33188, "v6 avenger suspension on 98 eclipse. good or bad idea"

I found all four coilovers off a v6 avenger for $200 my stock strut are shot so I am wandering if I should get this set up for my car. Or possibly the entire avenger suspension sway bars and all. Good or bad idea?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-03-11 11:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33189, "RE: v6 avenger suspension on 98 eclipse. good or bad idea"
In response to Reply # 0

The front springs on the Avenger are not interchangeable with the 2GNT. The rear will fit, but are a heavier spring rate and are slightly taller.

I believe they use the same struts we do, but an not 100% certain.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

98_eclipseFeb-03-11 11:58 AM
22 posts,
#33190, "RE: v6 avenger suspension on 98 eclipse. good or bad idea"
In response to Reply # 1

Dang. They have a 97 eclipse as well but they want $75 per coilover I have 17 inch rims with khumo 245/45 tires and they rub. I'm looking for a good suspension set up

98_eclipseFeb-03-11 06:46 PM
22 posts,
#33191, "RE: v6 avenger suspension on 98 eclipse. good or bad idea"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
The front springs on the Avenger are not interchangeable with the 2GNT. The rear will fit, but are a heavier spring rate and are slightly taller.

When you say the springs aren't compatible do you mean the springs or the whole clover?I am wanting to unbolt my springs and struts all in one piece and replace them with the avenger suspension. Like a bolt on kinda thing. Will this still not work.

freelancefoolFeb-11-11 06:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#33198, "RE: v6 avenger suspension on 98 eclipse. good or bad idea"
In response to Reply # 3

That is what Dino is saying. They will not work.

My Blog

98_eclipseFeb-12-11 06:56 AM
22 posts,
#33199, "RE: v6 avenger suspension on 98 eclipse. good or bad idea"
In response to Reply # 4

Ok thank you.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33188 Previous topic | Next topic