Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33182
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear camber mod" Previous topic | Next topic
austin14Jan-30-11 06:04 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2010
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33182, "Rear camber mod"

I am instaling the HP bvlue setup, I bought my rear camber kit From STM motorsports. The kit I bouhgt comes with 6 washers but I was reading the article on the $15 camber mod it states only 4 washers does anyone know how many washers to use with my setup.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hazardeclipseJan-30-11 06:06 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33183, "RE: Rear camber mod"
In response to Reply # 0

With the 15 dollar camber mod, its 4 washers per bolt. the setup you bought most likely has thicker/custom manufactured washers for this purpose.

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ebster1085Jan-31-11 11:03 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#33185, "RE: Rear camber mod"
In response to Reply # 1

Just an FYI..

It's not necessarily 4 washers with the $15 mod. That is merely a suggestion, and I think it's more accurate to say 4-5 washers.

I did the mod and found that 4 washers was not enough. After removing all the parts again and adding an additional washer, I got the results I was looking for. I run Tokico HP struts and Eibach Pro Kit springs.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

austin14Jan-31-11 01:23 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2010
7 posts,
#33186, "RE: Rear camber mod"
In response to Reply # 2

Sounds like there is no set amount just trial and error, thanks

AdministratorCODE4Jan-31-11 01:36 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#33187, "RE: Rear camber mod"
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-31-11 01:37 PM by CODE4

Originally posted by austin14
Sounds like there is no set amount just trial and error, thanks

Exactly. Because every washer is not made with the same thickness. You cannot expect someone to tell you to use a certain number of washers from the hardware store to get you on target. Additionally, small inconsistencies with your suspension setup (worn bushings, etc) will differ from the next guys. Put some in, check the camber, and repeat.

---

2012 2500HD LML

John99RSFeb-06-11 03:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#33192, "RE: Rear camber mod"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, you need to play with it a bit. I have the kit from Road/Race that has spacers. This was fine in the beginning but after time passed and they settled, I've added a couple more washers.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33182 Previous topic | Next topic