Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33163
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Jan-07-11 10:19 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33163, "2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"

should i not even bother with a 4 wheel alignment if my rear knuckle bushings are gone? or jsut stick with 2 wheel? new tires coming in the mail so figure i should get an alignment when i get them mounted/balanced.

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-07-11 10:39 PM, #1
RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, MCubed45, Jan-08-11 02:22 PM, #2
      RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, 740 turbo brick, Jan-08-11 09:34 PM, #3
           RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, MCubed45, Jan-10-11 02:18 AM, #4
                RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-10-11 10:10 AM, #5
                     RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, 420agreenvilleSC, Jan-10-11 10:55 AM, #6
                          RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-10-11 11:34 AM, #7
                               RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, 420agreenvilleSC, Jan-10-11 12:36 PM, #8
                                    RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, Black_Eclipse, Jan-12-11 11:27 PM, #9
                                         RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?, MCubed45, Jan-13-11 02:36 AM, #10

AdministratorCODE4Jan-07-11 10:39 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33164, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 0

Why bother with an alignment at all if you have bad bushings? Fix the problem first.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Jan-08-11 02:22 PM
2706 posts,
#33165, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Why bother with an alignment at all if you have bad bushings? Fix the problem first.

it'll be awhile before i have the time to get new bushings and install them. would the rear upper knuckle bushings affect the front wheels that much?

-marc

740 turbo brickJan-08-11 09:34 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#33166, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 2

Whoever does the alignment might actually compensate the front end of the rear being so far out because of the bushings, and when you get the bushings fixed you will end up way out up front again. Trust me, just go to Energy Suspension.com and get the rear end kit. Cheap and easy.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

MCubed45Jan-10-11 02:18 AM
2706 posts,
#33167, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Whoever does the alignment might actually compensate the front end of the rear being so far out because of the bushings, and when you get the bushings fixed you will end up way out up front again. Trust me, just go to Energy Suspension.com and get the rear end kit. Cheap and easy.

i remember when i was lookin into bushing awhile back, people said they had ES ones fail after a year or two. i thought prothane was the way to go?

-marc

AdministratorCODE4Jan-10-11 10:10 AM
2552 posts,
#33168, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 4

Either brand is fine.

---

2012 2500HD LML

420agreenvilleSCJan-10-11 10:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#33169, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 5

interested in this... is there a PN? or do i just search for a 2gnt

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorCODE4Jan-10-11 11:34 AM
2552 posts,
#33170, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
interested in this... is there a PN? or do i just search for a 2gnt

Seriously? Check Summit. They sell the full kits for both the ES and Prothane.

---

2012 2500HD LML

420agreenvilleSCJan-10-11 12:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#33171, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 7

seriously. i dont do suspension. that's tims dept.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Black_EclipseJan-12-11 11:27 PM
Member since Mar 08th 2010
8 posts,
#33177, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 8

I actually purchased my full ES master kit from the Autozone. They had to order it so I guess it's not much different than ordering it from Summit or elsewhere, but I liked the convenience; And Iv'e never heard of polyurethane bushings going out after a year's time. I've had mine installed for about 2 years now with no issues or squeaks.

Built and Boosted...but usually broken..'sigh'

MCubed45Jan-13-11 02:36 AM
2706 posts,
#33178, "RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Black_Eclipse
I actually purchased my full ES master kit from the Autozone. They had to order it so I guess it's not much different than ordering it from Summit or elsewhere, but I liked the convenience; And Iv'e never heard of polyurethane bushings going out after a year's time. I've had mine installed for about 2 years now with no issues or squeaks.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32292&mesg_id=32292&listing_type=search

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33163 Previous topic | Next topic