Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33125
View in linear mode

Subject: "Megan Racing Coil overs Installed" Previous topic | Next topic
Nisshoku81Dec-14-10 11:08 AM
Member since Nov 11th 2007
174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33125, "Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"

I was meaning to post these pictures earlier but here they are. The rear were very easy. Literally 3 bolts. The fronts required a tad more work but was easy as well. I do notice when I right turn into a gas station or parking lot that has an incline, it feels as if my rear passenger tire is coming off the ground. I take it that's not normal, right?

Megan Racing Coil overs - http://gallery.me.com/carlsimmons81#100057

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, JoshDSM, Dec-14-10 07:44 PM, #1
RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, Nisshoku81, Dec-15-10 01:24 AM, #2
RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, Snail_GS, Dec-15-10 07:06 PM, #3
RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, JoshDSM, Dec-15-10 07:34 PM, #4
RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, Nisshoku81, Dec-15-10 08:31 PM, #6
RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, Nisshoku81, Dec-15-10 08:29 PM, #5
      RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, eclipserstturbo, Dec-15-10 10:28 PM, #7
           RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, Nisshoku81, Dec-15-10 11:24 PM, #8
                RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, eclipserstturbo, Dec-16-10 12:34 AM, #9
                     RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, Nisshoku81, Dec-16-10 12:40 AM, #10
                          RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, eclipserstturbo, Dec-16-10 12:53 PM, #11
                               RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, Nisshoku81, Dec-17-10 02:17 AM, #12
                                    RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed, eclipserstturbo, Dec-17-10 08:59 PM, #13

JoshDSMDec-14-10 07:44 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33126, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 0

get some pics of them with the car on the ground, looks nice man

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nisshoku81Dec-15-10 01:24 AM
174 posts,
#33128, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks man!

Check out pics of the car on the ground here
http://gallery.me.com/carlsimmons81#100056

The last two pictures are from this morning after I installed my camber kit and raised the rear a tad the night before.

Snail_GSDec-15-10 07:06 PM
Member since Jun 07th 2002
266 posts,
#33143, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Nisshoku81
I was meaning to post these pictures earlier but here they are. The rear were very easy. Literally 3 bolts. The fronts required a tad more work but was easy as well. I do notice when I right turn into a gas station or parking lot that has an incline, it feels as if my rear passenger tire is coming off the ground. I take it that's not normal, right? Megan Racing Coil overs - http://gallery.me.com/carlsimmons81#100057

Its Because of your suspension has less travel now, so yes It is NOW Normal. If you ever put your car on a Lift or on Jack stands your wheels will no longer Droop.

JoshDSMDec-15-10 07:34 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#33144, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 3

looking pretty good man, makes me want to get a set of these

Nisshoku81Dec-15-10 08:31 PM
174 posts,
#33146, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by JoshDSM
looking pretty good man, makes me want to get a set of these

They were worth every penny. Got them from my boys shop for $850.00.

Nisshoku81Dec-15-10 08:29 PM
174 posts,
#33145, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Snail_GS
Originally posted by Nisshoku81 I was meaning to post these pictures earlier but here they are. The rear were very easy. Literally 3 bolts. The fronts required a tad more work but was easy as well. I do notice when I right turn into a gas station or parking lot that has an incline, it feels as if my rear passenger tire is coming off the ground. I take it that's not normal, right? Megan Racing Coil overs - http://gallery.me.com/carlsimmons81#100057
Its Because of your suspension has less travel now, so yes It is NOW Normal. If you ever put your car on a Lift or on Jack stands your wheels will no longer Droop.

Awesome. Good to know!

eclipserstturboDec-15-10 10:28 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#33147, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 5

Car looks sick on the ground. Perfect height IMO. How far did you have to lower the springs to get her to sit like that? I've got the Megan EZ coilovers just installed on mine and didn't adjust the spring at all and I'm sitting about a inch higher than yours. I just adjusted the lower part of the shock until it bottomed out in the front, and adjusted the rear to match.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Nisshoku81Dec-15-10 11:24 PM
174 posts,
#33148, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipserstturbo
Car looks sick on the ground. Perfect height IMO. How far did you have to lower the springs to get her to sit like that? I've got the Megan EZ coilovers just installed on mine and didn't adjust the spring at all and I'm sitting about a inch higher than yours. I just adjusted the lower part of the shock until it bottomed out in the front, and adjusted the rear to match.

Thanks dude. I basically used a 15mm deep socket to measure the distance between the lower ring and the bottom of the two upper rings. So basically the 15mm deep socket should fit snug in between the two rings. I used this method all around. Hope that makes sense bro.

eclipserstturboDec-16-10 12:34 AM
281 posts,
#33149, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 8

GENIUS!!! I'm going to have to give it a shot. What kind of camber kit did you use?

Nisshoku81Dec-16-10 12:40 AM
174 posts,
#33150, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by eclipserstturbo
GENIUS!!! I'm going to have to give it a shot. What kind of camber kit did you use?

Rear - Ingalls Camber Kit w/ Adjustable Brackets. <---- Very good product!
Front - Ingalls Adjustable Ball Joints. Not sure I need these so I haven't installed them.

eclipserstturboDec-16-10 12:53 PM
281 posts,
#33151, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 10

Awesome. +1 for you.

Nisshoku81Dec-17-10 02:17 AM
174 posts,
#33152, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 11

Show us your car when you get the height the way you want it!

eclipserstturboDec-17-10 08:59 PM
281 posts,
#33154, "RE: Megan Racing Coil overs Installed"
In response to Reply # 12

Definately will do. I'm waiting for funds for the rear camber kit and some decent weather before I do it so it'll probably be a while. I've got to figure out this heater core situation 1st... May take some time.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33125 Previous topic | Next topic