Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33029
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any reviews on these coilovers?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserstturboNov-04-10 07:32 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33029, "Any reviews on these coilovers?"

I'm looking to upgrade my current lowering spring setup on my 98 RST next week with a set of anjustable coilovers. I've been looking at tein basics since it's in my price range but it looks like they're only height adjustable. Also been looking at the megan ez coilovers and they seem to be more of what I'm looking for with them being height and damper adjustable. Check them out and let me know what you guys think. If anyone has these already, let me know how they are. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-EZ-COILOVER-DAMPER-SUSPENSION-ECLIPSE-95-99-D32A-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aEclipseQQhashZitem4cf2d2c0ccQQitemZ330491412684QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Nov-06-10 09:23 PM, #1
RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, VendorRed90Sev, Nov-12-10 06:49 PM, #2
      RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Nov-13-10 12:33 PM, #3
           RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, VendorRed90Sev, Nov-16-10 09:07 AM, #4
                RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Nov-18-10 10:20 PM, #5
                     RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-19-10 06:34 PM, #6
                          RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, VendorRed90Sev, Nov-19-10 07:46 PM, #7
                               RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Nov-20-10 12:02 AM, #8
                                    RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, VendorRed90Sev, Nov-30-10 06:44 PM, #9
                                         RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Dec-01-10 04:38 PM, #10
                                              RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, dalesmitsu, Dec-02-10 02:58 AM, #11
                                              RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, VendorRed90Sev, Dec-02-10 07:03 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Dec-02-10 09:05 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Dec-03-10 08:32 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, RoninEclipse2G, Dec-04-10 10:00 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, JoshDSM, Dec-04-10 12:07 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Dec-04-10 11:42 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, VendorRed90Sev, Dec-05-10 01:32 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?, eclipserstturbo, Dec-05-10 11:38 AM, #19

eclipserstturboNov-06-10 09:23 PM
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33035, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nobody???

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VendorRed90SevNov-12-10 06:49 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#33036, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by eclipserstturbo
Nobody???

I have the 32 way adjustables on my other car and love them, if that helps. The only downside I see to those is, the height of the car reflects the spring rate and they are only 15 way adjustable. Give them a try, you have a year warranty!

eclipserstturboNov-13-10 12:33 PM
281 posts,
#33037, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, the way I see it is I won't be able to afford those 32 way adjustables for quite a while, and since I haven't had anything better than lowering springs I should enjoy them alot better than my current setup with stock struts and dropzone 2" springs.

I ordered them yesterday and they should be here on thursday. I'll try and throw them on and let you all know how they are after I ride them for a while.

And thanks for the reply. I was starting to think noone checked this section of the forum anymore.

VendorRed90SevNov-16-10 09:07 AM
261 posts,
#33038, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 3

Well, the way I see it is I won't be able to afford those 32 way adjustables for quite a while, and since I haven't had anything better than lowering springs I should enjoy them alot better than my current setup with stock struts and dropzone 2" springs. I ordered them yesterday and they should be here on thursday. I'll try and throw them on and let you all know how they are after I ride them for a while. And thanks for the reply. I was starting to think noone checked this section of the forum anymore.

Yes, do let us know how it turns out. Take pics of the install!!! I have been looking for a somewhat decent setup for my eclipse. Right now I have Eibach coilovers and AGX struts that are blown.

eclipserstturboNov-18-10 10:20 PM
281 posts,
#33039, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 4

Well I got them on today. Unfortunately I didn't take many pics, I have one of them out of the box and one of the front on with the tire off...

However I did try them out today (until my damn intercooler pipe popped off yet again). They are freakin awesome. I don't have experience with the high end fully adjustable coilovers, but these by far exceeded my expectations.

I only drove it about 12 miles, to the store and back. On the way up I had them set like they came, stock height and middle settings. Rode great. Just a little bouncy, but more of a stock feel on bumps and alot stronger in corners.

On the way back I decided to do 3 clicks soft on the front and 2 clicks hard on the rear. The front felt like there were absolutely no bumps at all (longer rebound time), while the back felt like alot more bouncy and alot more "road feel", if that makes sense at all. So, I figure for daily driving, set it 2-4 clicks soft all the way around... and for what I like to call fun runs around town, set it 2-3 clicks hard.

I can honestly see how much difference it would make on a track. Say up to 1+ seconds per lap. It's insane, and when I parked it I found myself wanting more. In the next few days I think I'll play with it some on some different settings, definately drop it down 2-2.5 inches all the way around, and see if it still has that perfectly smooth and race ready feel to it.

I think the part I like the most is as far as the hard/soft settings, it literally takes about one minute to change to any setting you like. I already knew that but it's a whole lot different when you experience it for the first time.

I'd have to say that on going from stock struts and dropzone 2" lowering springs to these coilovers... I give them a 10. Now hopefully when another member looks for some info regarding coilovers, they can find something in this post helpful.

RoninEclipse2GNov-19-10 06:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#33040, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 5

Set your ride height and go get an alignment. You'll be really surprised.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

VendorRed90SevNov-19-10 07:46 PM
261 posts,
#33041, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 6

Awesome man, glad you like them! I am impressed with Megan products, never had a bad experience with any of their products. But definitely get an alignment so you don't get excessive wear.

eclipserstturboNov-20-10 12:02 AM
281 posts,
#33042, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 7
Nov-20-10 12:05 AM by eclipserstturbo

Yeah, I just dropped her down about a inch and a half all the way around. Looks real good. Rides even better. Take it to get aligned as soon as I get paid again. I'm riding my daily around until then. I hate buying tires and I really don't want to do that right now. I'll see if I can get some pics up when I get a little free time.

VendorRed90SevNov-30-10 06:44 PM
261 posts,
#33084, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 8

Got any pics yet? I think I'm gonna pick up a set here in a few days after I Christmas shop. Hopefully I'll have enough money. You still like them?

eclipserstturboDec-01-10 04:38 PM
281 posts,
#33085, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 9

Still loving them. I'll throw some pics up as soon as I figure out how to host them on this site.

dalesmitsuDec-02-10 02:58 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#33086, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 10

Still loving them. I'll throw some pics up as soon as I figure out how to host them on this site.

You upload them from your computer by using add attachments.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

VendorRed90SevDec-02-10 07:03 AM
261 posts,
#33088, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 10

Also, I was going to ask, are you using a camber kit? If so, which one?

eclipserstturboDec-02-10 09:05 PM
281 posts,
#33089, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 12

No camber kit yet, going to wait to get my OZ wheels on to see if the camber is way out. But it doesn't look like camber's that far off from. I'll see when I get my alignment.

And I'm definately not seeing the "add attachment" anywhere. I looked the page top to bottom and it's not on here.

eclipserstturboDec-03-10 08:32 PM
281 posts,
#33090, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 13
Dec-03-10 08:34 PM by eclipserstturbo

Okay I searched and found the attachment icon. Here's the pics.

RoninEclipse2GDec-04-10 10:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#33091, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 14

1: remove shitty body kit
2: throw it in the trash
3: raise car back up an inch
4: ????
5: Profit

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

JoshDSMDec-04-10 12:07 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#33092, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 15

Looking good except the kit. how do they ride? and how much did you pay

eclipserstturboDec-04-10 11:42 PM
281 posts,
#33096, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 16

Thanks for the opinions however I have my own and I like my kit. Already have a stock bodied talon with the 2gb conversion. Once I finish this car and paint it I'm sure some here will like it, too. It's not for everyone, but that's why you have your car.

As for the coilovers, they ride as good as you want them to. You can adjust them to any setting you want, hard or soft. They do everything but adjust camber. It's only about a 2 inch drop now and I like it that way but you can go anywhere between stock height and 4 inch drop.

I got them new off of ebay for like $700 shipped. They are the best 700 bucks I've ever spent.

VendorRed90SevDec-05-10 01:32 AM
261 posts,
#33097, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 17

Thanks for the opinions however I have my own and I like my kit. Already have a stock bodied talon with the 2gb conversion. Once I finish this car and paint it I'm sure some here will like it, too. It's not for everyone, but that's why you have your car. As for the coilovers, they ride as good as you want them to. You can adjust them to any setting you want, hard or soft. They do everything but adjust camber. It's only about a 2 inch drop now and I like it that way but you can go anywhere between stock height and 4 inch drop. I got them new off of ebay for like $700 shipped. They are the best 700 bucks I've ever spent.

Very nice Thanks for taking pics. I like your setup, just ignore the very opinionated people of the internet that thinks everyone wants to hear their opinion lol. I think I'll be picking up a set of these very soon. Damn Christmas!!!!

eclipserstturboDec-05-10 11:38 AM
281 posts,
#33098, "RE: Any reviews on these coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 18

Haha, thanks man. Yea one of my buddies with a awd Talon has the tien basics and he said he was going to snag a set of the Megans after I showed him mine. He likes the damper adjustability that he didn't get with the tiens, and he's a little mad that I paid about $100 less for mine.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33029 Previous topic | Next topic