Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32994
View in linear mode

Subject: "Part Interchangablility with the 3000Gt?" Previous topic | Next topic
FasttopassSep-16-10 03:13 PM
Member since Feb 16th 2010
51 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32994, "Part Interchangablility with the 3000Gt?"

I know the 3000GT Master Cylinder and brake booster are both direct bolt on replacements for our cars or so I've heard, and that got me wandering if there where other bolt on or easily modified upgrades that can be pulled off the 3000Gt cars. (One is being parted out right down the road from me, so easily accessable mods hopefully)

From V's with 8 cylinders to rotarys that spin, as long as its fast everybody wins.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hazardeclipseSep-16-10 03:15 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32995, "RE: Part Interchangablility with the 3000Gt?"
In response to Reply # 0

best way to tell is to take a look. I know some of the 3g rear suspension pieces can be used... it being a bigger/heavier car i would say not though... Let us know

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FasttopassSep-16-10 06:21 PM
51 posts,
#32996, "RE: Part Interchangablility with the 3000Gt?"
In response to Reply # 1

My thought was that if the brake booster and mc were interchangable then the rotors/ calipers might be. for an easy brake upgrade, because there arent any wrecked or junked gsx's around here.

What rear suspension parts are transferable?

From V's with 8 cylinders to rotarys that spin, as long as its fast everybody wins.

RoninEclipse2GSep-16-10 07:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32997, "RE: Part Interchangablility with the 3000Gt?"
In response to Reply # 2

The non VR4 brakes are the same as GSX brakes and are almost a direct bolt on. You have to change to the 3kgt brake lines because the fitting is different. I know that the VR4 calipers can be made to work but I don't remember what other modifications were required. I think it was JDM galant knuckles like doing the Evo brake swap

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

FasttopassSep-17-10 07:41 AM
51 posts,
#32998, "RE: Part Interchangablility with the 3000Gt?"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm probly going to take a look at the car this sunday and see what I think will work. I would go sooner but I have a 3 day camping trip to leave for in an hour or so.

thakid22Sep-19-10 09:40 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2010
25 posts,
#32999, "RE: Part Interchangablility with the 3000Gt?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Fasttopass
My thought was that if the brake booster and mc were interchangable then the rotors/ calipers might be. for an easy brake upgrade, because there arent any wrecked or junked gsx's around here. What rear suspension parts are transferable?

I always thought the same thing.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32994 Previous topic | Next topic