Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32944
View in linear mode

Subject: "Surprisingly good deal at America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire)..." Previous topic | Next topic
jazzkeysAug-25-10 04:33 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2008
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32944, "Surprisingly good deal at America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire)..."

Howdy, y'all; I was shopping for new tires for my 1996 GS (second set of Goodyear Eagle GT II's were done at 125K miles). Whew; it's exhausting to select among the many tire options at the many local retailers here in SoCal.

I read that Goodyear was offering a $40.00 mail-in rebate on a purchase of four new tires, in my case the P205/55R16. I selected the Goodyear Eagle LS ("Luxury Sport," for what it's worth), mainly because of the reasonable price at $73 ea. Reviews that I found online were mixed, but I don't drive that fast, and don't need a high-perf tire. The Eagle LSs have been around for a few years, so I assume that Goodyear's worked the bugs out.

Eventually I got around to phoning the local America's Tire, and made an appointment. Gotta say that the shop exceeded my expectations (I insisted on a wheel-nut torque of 65 ft-lbs, as the owner's manual specifies, and they complied), especially when they advised that, for the NEXT THREE DAYS ONLY (Aug. 27-28), AmTire is also offering a $75 discount on the purchase and installation of four new tires.

So, for a net of <$275.00, I have four new Eagle LSs, and they're smooth and quiet, and made in the USA. Can't beat that with a stick, especially when money is so tight for so many.

Hope this helps. (I have no affiliation with America's Tire, or any other retailer, for that matter.)

André in SoCal.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jazzkeysAug-25-10 04:38 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2008
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32945, "RE: Surprisingly good deal at America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire)..."
In response to Reply # 0

By the way, if you're interested in the Goodyear Eagle LSs, here are the specs:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+LS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32944 Previous topic | Next topic