Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32922
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tire cut off rim nightmare!!" Previous topic | Next topic
freakingbori617Jul-26-10 01:21 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2009
80 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32922, "Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"

Ok guys i bought a set of rims and im trying to get the tire off the rim but i am about to loose hope. See for yourselves.

Please give me suggestions.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-26-10 01:48 PM, #1
RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, freakingbori617, Jul-26-10 01:57 PM, #2
      RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-26-10 02:02 PM, #3
           RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, djtrickee, Jul-26-10 06:44 PM, #4
                RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, Nightfall, Jul-27-10 12:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, freakingbori617, Jul-27-10 08:40 AM, #6
                          RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, Nightfall, Jul-27-10 03:23 PM, #7
RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, unknsldr, Jul-28-10 01:37 PM, #8
RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, wicked_96_rs, Aug-27-10 11:37 PM, #9
RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!, thakid22, Sep-19-10 10:14 AM, #10

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-26-10 01:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32923, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Why didn't you just take it to a tire shop and have them unmount the tires?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freakingbori617Jul-26-10 01:57 PM
80 posts,
#32924, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 1

i bought them like this. One tire is completely intact because its like brand new but the other three are all like this. Its like theyre glued on or something ive tried so many things

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-26-10 02:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#32925, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Try an air cutoff tool, and be careful not to nick the rim.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

djtrickeeJul-26-10 06:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#32926, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DarkOne
Try an air cutoff tool, and be careful not to nick the rim.

Wear gloves and eye protection, because when you cut through those tensioned wires in the bead they are going to snap.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

NightfallJul-27-10 12:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#32927, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 4

I would like to know why 3 tires are like this!?!? Anyway, the cut-off wheel is your best, if not your only option here. Just be careful...

freakingbori617Jul-27-10 08:40 AM
80 posts,
#32928, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-27-10 08:45 AM by freakingbori617

i tried cutting it and prying it with a pry bar and got to a bottom part of the tire where theres metal patterned close next to each other. But im not sure if its part of the rims or wire reinforcement of the bead. ______________________
...........................................______________________
...........................................______________________

Thas the pattern of the metal or wires.

NightfallJul-27-10 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#32929, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 6

If the rubber hasn't popped you haven't went deep enough yet.....hehe

unknsldrJul-28-10 01:37 PM
Member since Oct 04th 2006
25 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32931, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by freakingbori617
Ok guys i bought a set of rims and im trying to get the tire off the rim but i am about to loose hope. See for yourselves. Please give me suggestions.

OMG why! Thats crazy.

Ya you'll know when you cut through the steel belts in the rubber it will snap back a bit. good luck!

wicked_96_rsAug-27-10 11:37 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2009
4 posts,
#32951, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 8

I worked in a rim shop and saw something like this. We had to heat the rubber with a torch.Im not sure what size tire or rim it is cause i really didnt see the first post. But it looks to me that the tire was stretched to fit the rim for an ultra low profile fit. Heat it with a torch and see if it loosens the tire, if not then ur going to have to cut it off. good luck man

thakid22Sep-19-10 10:14 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2010
25 posts,
#33003, "RE: Tire cut off rim nightmare!!"
In response to Reply # 0

How does this happen?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32922 Previous topic | Next topic