Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32828
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help with Energy suspension bushings..." Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterApr-11-10 01:50 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32828, "Help with Energy suspension bushings..."

I got the kit from a member and it didnt have the instructions for the shock bushings...

I already did the control arms (front) it was tricky but so far looks good. I did have to eliminate the spacer for the lower control arms and even then the bushings did not fit in the space provided in the body.. So I had to trim the bushings to make them sit flush with the metal sleeve. I read a few post about this bushings and none said anything about trimming this bushings...

The shock bushings I am talking about are this ones..

Just want the diagram so I can install them properly... I will take on the rear part of the suspension on another weekend. That will be interesting..lol I am only worried about the big control arm bushing, seems like it will be the hardest to push in. It's weird that they made that one a solid piece versus the front lower one's that are 2 pieces....

Any heads up on installing this will help a lot..!

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., adamzty, Apr-11-10 02:03 PM, #1
RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., Cyexmaster, Apr-11-10 02:39 PM, #2
      RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., mitsu95023, Apr-11-10 04:47 PM, #3
           RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-12-10 11:14 AM, #4
                RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., Cyexmaster, Apr-12-10 01:34 PM, #5
                     RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., RoninEclipse2G, Apr-12-10 06:52 PM, #6
                     RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., Cyexmaster, Apr-12-10 07:23 PM, #7
                          RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., Ebster1085, Apr-13-10 07:02 PM, #8
                               RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., scorpo86, May-20-10 11:52 AM, #9
                                    RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-20-10 09:49 PM, #10
                     RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..., thakid22, Sep-19-10 10:27 AM, #11

adamztyApr-11-10 02:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32829, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 0

Those replace 41406B and 41406C.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CyexmasterApr-11-10 02:39 PM
324 posts,
#32830, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 1

I'm guessing the big one replaces the 41406C and the smaller one replaces the 41406B, correct?

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

mitsu95023Apr-11-10 04:47 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2009
36 posts,
#32831, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Cyexmaster
I'm guessing the big one replaces the 41406C and the smaller one replaces the 41406B, correct?

yes correct

'95 rs turbo project
'97 gs parts car
'01 Audi s4 DD
'80 porsche 911 993 widebody, 3.6ltr

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-12-10 11:14 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#32832, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 3

For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings.

Terry

CyexmasterApr-12-10 01:34 PM
324 posts,
#32833, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings. Terry

There was no way I could fit them in unless I had trimmed them...

RoninEclipse2GApr-12-10 06:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32836, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings. Terry

That's why you use the press. It forces them into place. Welcome to strange rattle land.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

CyexmasterApr-12-10 07:23 PM
324 posts,
#32837, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 6

They where all the way in, there was NO way that would fit where it bolts on to the body not even if I used a press there was no more room for the bushing in the control arm...

Ebster1085Apr-13-10 07:02 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#32840, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 7

Hundreds of people have used these bushings with success. Pretty sure they would have went in with a press. They are not meant to be trimmed.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

scorpo86May-20-10 11:52 AM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#32872, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 8

I dont know how you can do the bushings, I took mine off because of the vibration. I hated it

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-20-10 09:49 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#32873, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 9

Thats becuase your subframe has been pinched by tightening the bolts. you simply should have straightened the subframe ears.

Or i suppose your car is different than every other one out there?

thakid22Sep-19-10 10:27 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2010
25 posts,
#33009, "RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings. Terry

A press will force them in at their current size.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32828 Previous topic | Next topic