Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32800
View in linear mode

Subject: "Choosing Suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
baconater3000Mar-31-10 09:51 PM
Member since Aug 11th 2009
104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32800, "Poll question: Choosing Suspension"
Mar-31-10 09:57 PM by baconater3000

Tein-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110509890560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
KYB GR2- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180486544435&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Tokico- http://streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/tokico_hpk_spring_shock_dsm.htm Another price and shoping on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-4-HP-SHOCKS-SPRINGS-ECLIPSE-TALON-2WD-95-99_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4839ebcc5bQQitemZ310209399899QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Choice 3 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-SHOCKS-SPRINGTECH-SPRINGS-Set-95-99-Eclipse_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e06cf258QQitemZ360247521880QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Poll result (6 votes)
KYB GR2 With TEIN S TECH springs- 352$ (3 votes)Vote
Tokico Sturts&Springs- 411$ (3 votes)Vote
Tokico struts&Sporttech- 389$ (0 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Choosing Suspension, 1996BlackGSnt, Mar-31-10 11:20 PM, #1
RE: Choosing Suspension, baconater3000, Apr-01-10 02:23 AM, #2
      RE: Choosing Suspension, Ebster1085, Apr-01-10 05:45 AM, #3
           RE: Choosing Suspension, baconater3000, Apr-01-10 06:38 AM, #4
                RE: Choosing Suspension, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-01-10 10:30 AM, #5
                     RE: Choosing Suspension, Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-01-10 12:23 PM, #6
                          RE: Choosing Suspension, baconater3000, Apr-01-10 09:32 PM, #7
                               RE: Choosing Suspension, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-02-10 02:51 PM, #8
                                    RE: Choosing Suspension, BoostedEclipse, Apr-02-10 09:32 PM, #9
                                    RE: Choosing Suspension, baconater3000, Apr-03-10 05:28 PM, #10
                                         RE: Choosing Suspension, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-06-10 09:24 PM, #11
                                              RE: Choosing Suspension, baconater3000, Apr-08-10 12:46 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Choosing Suspension, TeamDR1665, Apr-08-10 10:40 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Choosing Suspension, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-08-10 04:56 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Choosing Suspension, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-14-10 11:03 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Choosing Suspension, baconater3000, Apr-15-10 08:36 PM, #16

1996BlackGSntMar-31-10 11:20 PM
Member since Apr 28th 2008
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32801, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

Kyb was my vote. Even if they sound cheap doesn't mean they are cheaply made. Especially if inside a budget. I suggest getting a spring compressor unless someone is doing this for you. Also I think it's Corbins install but not sure http://www.2gnt.com/?d=Strut_Install
Also might want to invest in the 15$ camber mod http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Camber_Mod. If you need any help more than likely Pm Corbin and he can give you answers to specific questions...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

baconater3000Apr-01-10 02:23 AM
104 posts,
#32802, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the info...Come on guys we have 11 views and only 1 view whats up with that? I just want some dislikes/likes. Advantages/disadvantages. Some do's/don'ts thats all can you help? Anything. Even tell about another different setup thats really nice?

‹noboost› Four gee's and 63 years ago, our forefathers brought forth on this continent, a new dsm, concieved in Normal Illiniois...

Originally posted by barza21
barza + turbo = honda owning!!!!

Ebster1085Apr-01-10 05:45 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#32804, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 2

I, like many others on here, run the Tokico HP's and Eibach Pro Kit springs. It's a cheap and effective setup, and I have run it for years now. If you want a little more adjustability, maybe consider getting the Tokico Illuminas.

Just my two cents..

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

baconater3000Apr-01-10 06:38 AM
104 posts,
#32805, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Ebster1085
I, like many others on here, run the Tokico HP's and Eibach Pro Kit springs. It's a cheap and effective setup, and I have run it for years now. If you want a little more adjustability, maybe consider getting the Tokico Illuminas. Just my two cents..

I really like the tein springs over eibach..Not to mention a little cheaper too.

‹noboost› Four gee's and 63 years ago, our forefathers brought forth on this continent, a new dsm, concieved in Normal Illiniois...

RoninEclipse2GApr-01-10 10:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32807, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 4

The only caution I would have is buying the springs on ebay. too many counterfits floating around on there. Spend a couple extra bucks and buy them from a trusted retailer

Otherwise KYB's and TEIN's

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratorxcasbonxApr-01-10 12:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#32808, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 5

I voted for the KYB/Tein combo. I don't have any experience with the KYB, however I do run the Tokico HP's with the Tein S-techs and I've never had a single problem now in the past 3 years they've been installed.

I contributed to the Wiki.

baconater3000Apr-01-10 09:32 PM
104 posts,
#32811, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks for your input...If you have any more ideas just shoot them..Like I said I'm about open to anything except coil overs...I will be buying these by this weekend let me know...

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-02-10 02:51 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#32812, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 7

Just buy a Tien Basic coil over setup. Not all that much more than the piece together kits. I regret going with Koni/eibach only because for 300-400 more i could have gotten a much better quality kit.

BoostedEclipseApr-02-10 09:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#32813, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 8

I run the KYB agx adj. struts and Megan 2" lowering springs and haven't had any trouble yet. Their just high enough where it doesn't hit the bumpstops. Also the ride quality is quite nice.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

baconater3000Apr-03-10 05:28 PM
104 posts,
#32814, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Just buy a Tien Basic coil over setup. Not all that much more than the piece together kits. I regret going with Koni/eibach only because for 300-400 more i could have gotten a much better quality kit.

Thanks for the advice...I don't to do any coilover setup tho...

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-06-10 09:24 PM
8331 posts,
#32822, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 10

What do you think your buying?

baconater3000Apr-08-10 12:46 AM
104 posts,
#32825, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 11
Apr-08-10 12:56 AM by baconater3000

What do you think your buying?

Well i was going with the KYB's and the Teins. But one of my local buddies that has a sponsored car says I should use Tokico. But I took it with a grain of salt. So I'm going to do a little more research

What you think Terry?

TeamDR1665Apr-08-10 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#32826, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 12

I ran KYB GR2s and Sportlines on Daisy back in the day. A bit low for my taste, but I got used to it. Drove her all the way to Kansas City and back - through a blizzard - like that.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd go with the GR2s and Pro Kits. Less drop, decent improvement in handling for a mostly street-driven car, very wallet friendly.

My ideal budget setup would be a set of Bilstein inserts, stuffed into some freshly repainted Tokicos or whatever strut body I could find on the cheap to accept them. And I'd do some more research into the springs.

My IDEAL ideal setup would be to contact John Vanlandingham up in Washington to see about a set of his Sooper Bitchin' Suspenders, which would likely outperform 100% of the shiny shit being sold on the to0ner market.

RoninEclipse2GApr-08-10 04:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32827, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by DR1665
My IDEAL ideal setup would be to contact John Vanlandingham up in Washington to see about a set of his Sooper Bitchin' Suspenders, which would likely outperform 100% of the shiny shit being sold on the to0ner market.

And outcost 100% of the tooner market

(I'm not referring to proper race quality stuff of course)

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-14-10 11:03 PM
8331 posts,
#32845, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 14

Wait a minute....you dont seen to quite follow my point here.......

You stated that you dont do coilover setup

So you are going to what design because the factory itself is a coilover setup there genius.

baconater3000Apr-15-10 08:36 PM
104 posts,
#32847, "RE: Choosing Suspension"
In response to Reply # 15

Wait a minute....you dont seen to quite follow my point here....... You stated that you dont do coilover setup So you are going to what design because the factory itself is a coilover setup there genius.

Damn Terry, just ride my ass man...Lol I don't know anything about a suspension but that I know how to do them.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32800 Previous topic | Next topic