Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32646
View in linear mode

Subject: "tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?" Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterDec-19-09 06:31 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32646, "tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"

Well, I've searched for a few hours today and many more on other times and have not found info on this.

I want to get the Illumina's for the adjustability but I don't want to lower the car. Because most roads here are not that good (pot holes or bumps) and there are speed bumps all over.... Even with stock springs my car hit's some of the bumps ( on the front bumper)....

So I really don't want to lower the car for the sake of my front bumper and even more for my fmic..

I plan on getting the Energy Suspension Master Bushing set. I will most likely be running 17's on the street and the stock 16's for the strip (not sure if I will use them with drag radials or slicks).

Just wanted to know if this is possible with the Illumina's if not then what springs are a good match for it with the least drop possible...

If I keep stock springs will I need the camber kit?

Thanxs as always....

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?, Cyexmaster, Dec-21-09 08:34 AM, #1
RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?, Moderatorteklein, Dec-21-09 09:30 AM, #2
      RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-21-09 10:43 AM, #3
           RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?, Cyexmaster, Dec-22-09 05:40 AM, #4
                RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?, daes_venge, Dec-23-09 02:26 AM, #5
                     RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?, Cyexmaster, Dec-23-09 10:01 AM, #6
                          RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?, daes_venge, Dec-23-09 12:13 PM, #7

CyexmasterDec-21-09 08:34 AM
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32647, "RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nobody has something to say about this?

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinDec-21-09 09:30 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32649, "RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"
In response to Reply # 1

You will be fine on the stock springs with the Illuminas.

AdministratorCODE4Dec-21-09 10:43 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32650, "RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by teklein
You will be fine on the stock springs with the Illuminas.

Cyex, springs affect your ride height. Changing to Illuminas will not require a camber change.

---

2012 2500HD LML

CyexmasterDec-22-09 05:40 AM
324 posts,
#32654, "RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanxs guys!

Just wanted to be sure.....

Do any of you know where to get the bump stops for cheap?
i need to replace all 4 of mine

daes_vengeDec-23-09 02:26 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#32658, "RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"
In response to Reply # 4
Dec-23-09 02:31 AM by daes_venge

Originally posted by Cyexmaster
Do any of you know where to get the bump stops for cheap? i need to replace all 4 of mine

They are around $8 each from a dealership. Rockauto sells KYB brand bellows and bumpstops as a set for $11.76 per set. That would be the way to go if you need new bellows too.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1316573,parttype,7592

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=502693

CyexmasterDec-23-09 10:01 AM
324 posts,
#32659, "RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanx that's really nice.... looks like I will order those.
Is the material for the bump stomps different in the KYB's than the OEM's?

daes_vengeDec-23-09 12:13 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#32660, "RE: tokico illumina's with stock springs ok?"
In response to Reply # 6

The material should be the same which is urethane. KYB is likely the OEM supplier for the bump stops being the stock struts were made by KYB. I can't confirm that though.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32646 Previous topic | Next topic