Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32642
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lowering springs" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse_707Dec-15-09 02:05 AM
Member since Dec 15th 2009
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32642, "Lowering springs"

I'm trying to find some decent springs to lower my eclipse and I was wondering if anyone has run K Sport springs and how the car rode with them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Lowering springs, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-21-09 09:17 AM, #1
RE: Lowering springs, eclipse_707, Dec-21-09 06:28 PM, #2
      RE: Lowering springs, Ebster1085, Dec-21-09 06:37 PM, #3
           RE: Lowering springs, eclipse_707, Dec-22-09 03:01 AM, #4
                RE: Lowering springs, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-22-09 07:41 AM, #5
                     RE: Lowering springs, Ebster1085, Dec-22-09 08:14 PM, #6
                          RE: Lowering springs, eclipse_707, Dec-22-09 10:08 PM, #7
                               RE: Lowering springs, whtclipse98, Dec-26-09 02:13 PM, #8

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-21-09 09:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32648, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't heard much about the K-sports. However many here run the Eibach pro-kits, they're tried, tested, and proven to be a reliable spring to go with. There are a few other options as well.

Take a look here for additional information on springs as well as an installation guide.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Springs

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse_707Dec-21-09 06:28 PM
4 posts,
#32651, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 1

well i'm looking for a 2 inch drop and k sport is the only brand i've found that offers it. i want more then a 1.6 or 1.7 drop. plus i don't want my car to sit with a rake. some brands offer like a 1.2 rear and 1.3 front. i just want a 2 inch drop front and rear. any suggestions?

Ebster1085Dec-21-09 06:37 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#32652, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 2

You sure you want to lower the car that much dude?

Ask anyone on here that has lowered their car, and 9 times out of 10 they will tell you that less is better.

I agree with cas. Go with Eibach pro kits and a new set of struts. 1.2" drop looks great and isnt soo low that you will be scraping your bumper all over the place.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

eclipse_707Dec-22-09 03:01 AM
4 posts,
#32653, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 3

well part of the reason i'm wanting to lower it that much is so my 17 inch rims fill the whell well. i don't like the look with all that extra space. and i just like the way eclipses ride and look lowered 2 inches. a friend of mine lowered his 2 inches on cheap ebay springs and i don't wanna go ebay cheap lol.

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-22-09 07:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#32655, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 4

If you're looking to go that low, my recommendation are the Eibach Sportlines. Though, I do not recommend slamming your car that low. The adverse effects of lowering the ride height will cause additional stresses in areas of the chassis/suspension that will in the long run make those components less durable. However, the choice is yours.

You can try the K-Sports out and let us know how they work if you're willing to give them a go. We always appreciate guys trying out new products and giving the community their evaluation.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Ebster1085Dec-22-09 08:14 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#32656, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 5

If you want to fill up the wheel wells, why not just get some more tire on those wheels?

Better traction, better on the wheels, no need to slam it.

Just an idea to play with..

eclipse_707Dec-22-09 10:08 PM
4 posts,
#32657, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 6

well i will probably get the springs in a couple weeks and give you guys my review. thx for your help.

whtclipse98Dec-26-09 02:13 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#32664, "RE: Lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 7
Dec-26-09 02:17 PM by whtclipse98

I have a set of Tanabe Super Down Precedo springs on my car and it gave me a 2.25 inch drop and I have had no problems with my suspension at all. The only problem I have had is my tire wear due to the negative camber that has yet to be corrected correctly. I have had these springs for a long while and I have delt with many of the negative aspects of lowering an eclipse this low. With that said, take in mind that you will be a lot closer to the ground so speed bumps are an issue along with some inclines, bumps, driveways, getting the car onto lifts, and using a jack to lift the car. You have to make sure that if you are wanting that low of a drop that you are willing to deal with all the down sides to it.

The guys on here who are telling you to run Eibach are RIGHT. That low of a drop can be a pitfall. Eibach are proven to be a good quality spring with a great ride. If you want to fill that wheel well up, get a taller tire. I run a 205/40/r17 and there isn't much tire there. I would recommend running a 45 series so that the gap won't be as noticeable.

Get the springs you want but do not start complaining about your tires wearing out prematurely, damaging your front bumper, or scrubbing everywhere you go.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32642 Previous topic | Next topic