Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32580
View in linear mode

Subject: "My turn" Previous topic | Next topic
1slw97Nov-21-09 07:11 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32580, "My turn"

Looks like i got to meet these shitty lower ball joints.. At 35mph talk about a wake up call. I just feel lucky last night i was doing some logging at 4th gear wot pulls..

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My turn, Moderatorteklein, Nov-22-09 09:06 AM, #1
RE: My turn, 420agreenvilleSC, Nov-22-09 01:16 PM, #2
RE: My turn, 1slw97, Nov-22-09 03:15 PM, #3
      RE: My turn, Tuxdreamerx, Nov-27-09 12:52 PM, #4
           RE: My turn, Babbz413, Nov-27-09 06:03 PM, #5
                RE: My turn, Tuxdreamerx, Nov-28-09 12:02 AM, #6
                     RE: My turn, dalesmitsu, Nov-29-09 11:50 PM, #7
                          RE: My turn, ez, Nov-30-09 10:00 PM, #8
                               RE: My turn, Babbz413, Dec-01-09 09:49 PM, #9
                                    RE: My turn, RoninEclipse2G, Dec-02-09 12:31 PM, #10
                                         RE: My turn, Tuxdreamerx, Dec-02-09 02:18 PM, #11
                                         RE: My turn, 95_ESi_Person, Dec-02-09 02:21 PM, #12
                                              RE: My turn, Ebster1085, Dec-02-09 02:30 PM, #13
                                                   RE: My turn, Babbz413, Dec-02-09 04:19 PM, #14
                                                        RE: My turn, 1slw97, Dec-02-09 05:35 PM, #15
                                                             RE: My turn, Tuxdreamerx, Dec-03-09 06:37 AM, #16

ModeratortekleinNov-22-09 09:06 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32607, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 0

Ack!

Any symptoms beforehand?

Glad your ok, and the fourth gear pulls would not have been fun if that had happened.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCNov-22-09 01:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32613, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 1

holy fuckn shit. that's nasty

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

1slw97Nov-22-09 03:15 PM
129 posts,
#32614, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
Ack! Any symptoms beforehand?

Nope, none at all I wish there was.

TuxdreamerxNov-27-09 12:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32617, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 3

I had this exact same thing happen on my eclipse. Luckily I was taking a slow turn when it popped out.

Babbz413Nov-27-09 06:03 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#32618, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 4

did this in my avenger while i was taking a turn. had to have a friend
walk beside me and continuously kick the tire straight as I drove out of the rode. worst part about it was the damage done to my fender.

95 GS Boosted

TuxdreamerxNov-28-09 12:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32619, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 5
Nov-28-09 12:03 AM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by Babbz413
did this in my avenger while i was taking a turn. had to have a friend walk beside me and continuously kick the tire straight as I drove out of the rode. worst part about it was the damage done to my fender.

Haha that would have worked I just kept having to jerk the steering wheel a bit to keep it straight. It was 1 in the morning I was getting home from work and I got pulled over 3 times by 3 different cops and asked if I was ok lol.

Worst part about mine is I destroyed my CV shaft.

dalesmitsuNov-29-09 11:50 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#32621, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 6

Same thing happend to me on the same side. Get it fixed,then take it to the dealer have the recalls done. Take the recipt with you they refund you the parts from your balljoint failling. If you haven't had the recall done.

ezNov-30-09 10:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#32622, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 7

Damn that sucks, glad you weren't injured. Wow this happens to a lot of people...

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Babbz413Dec-01-09 09:49 PM
260 posts,
#32623, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Same thing happend to me on the same side....

now that i think of it, mine was driver side as well...

95 GS Boosted

RoninEclipse2GDec-02-09 12:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32624, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 9

I've only seen the drivers side go bad personally.

Has anyone seen a passenger side go out?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

TuxdreamerxDec-02-09 02:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32625, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 10
Dec-02-09 02:20 PM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
I've only seen the drivers side go bad personally. Has anyone seen a passenger side go out?

I cant remember which side went out on mine I almost want to say it was the passenger.

Edit: Yes it was the passenger side. I remember because I pulled off the side of a busy road to figure out what happened and I was on the sidewalk side luckily. They were ebay control arms with 4k on them.....

95_ESi_PersonDec-02-09 02:21 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#32626, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
I've only seen the drivers side go bad personally. Has anyone seen a passenger side go out?

My passenger side had to be replaced on the Talon. It did not fail, but was very close.

Ebster1085Dec-02-09 02:30 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#32627, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 12
Dec-02-09 02:31 PM by Ebster1085

It is rather alarming how often this seems to happen, especially considering how fast I typically drive on the highway

Is there a way to detect this early on before it fails, or is this something I should just take a look at once in a while?

Is there anything in particular to look for when examing the suspension components that may be a sign of an impending failure?

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Babbz413Dec-02-09 04:19 PM
260 posts,
#32628, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by Ebster1085
It is rather alarming how often this seems to happen, especially considering how fast I typically drive on the highway

this failure would be very very bad news on the highway. all i really remember was it occured while i was making a direct turn. anyones go out while they were just driving straight?

95 GS Boosted

1slw97Dec-02-09 05:35 PM
129 posts,
#32629, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 14

My buddy has is do the same thing, Fixed it then two weeks later the passenger side came out.. It seems 75% of info i read they pop out after a turn.

TuxdreamerxDec-03-09 06:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32630, "RE: My turn"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by 1slw97
My buddy has is do the same thing, Fixed it then two weeks later the passenger side came out.. It seems 75% of info i read they pop out after a turn.

Yeah I think its mostly common on turns, thank God!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32580 Previous topic | Next topic