Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32482
View in linear mode

Subject: "brake pad question" Previous topic | Next topic
kinter86Nov-22-09 09:04 AM
Member since Mar 21st 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32482, "brake pad question"

I have utilized the search button but cannot find anything.

So its about time where I change out my brake pads. I do have the rear drum to disk convesion but this on the car when I bought it but do not know if the calipers are from a gsx or rs. so pads do I get. ant input is helpful. thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: brake pad question, Nightfall, Sep-29-09 05:04 PM, #1
RE: brake pad question, kinter86, Sep-29-09 05:19 PM, #2
      RE: brake pad question, Nightfall, Sep-29-09 05:40 PM, #3
           RE: brake pad question, kinter86, Sep-29-09 05:42 PM, #4
                RE: brake pad question, RoninEclipse2G, Sep-30-09 12:32 PM, #5
                     RE: brake pad question, ModeratorVX100, Sep-30-09 04:19 PM, #6

NightfallSep-29-09 05:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32483, "RE: brake pad question"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-29-09 05:08 PM by Nightfall

All rear pads are the same. Get the ceramic ones if you don't like cleaning brake dust from your rims

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kinter86Sep-29-09 05:19 PM
3 posts,
#32484, "RE: brake pad question"
In response to Reply # 1

so ebc green stuff brakes for a AWD will work?

NightfallSep-29-09 05:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#32485, "RE: brake pad question"
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-29-09 05:40 PM by Nightfall

I don't see why not, RS/GS/GS-T/GSX all use the same rear brake setup.

kinter86Sep-29-09 05:42 PM
3 posts,
#32486, "RE: brake pad question"
In response to Reply # 3

cool, thanks man.

RoninEclipse2GSep-30-09 12:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32487, "RE: brake pad question"
In response to Reply # 4

Just be careful that they're not early 95 rear discs. The pads and rotors are different for those. MMMMMM... Vented rotor goodness... /homer

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratorVX100Sep-30-09 04:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#32488, "RE: brake pad question"
In response to Reply # 5

As for a reccomended pad, if you don't mind the price, I'd go for the porterfield R4-S pads. It is basically porterfield's most agressive street pad, everything above that is for racing. Excellent stopping power even when cold, work better when they heat up some, hard to get them to fade.

The problem is they are very expensive, probably around $100 for a set of four. I think they are worth it. I have autocrossed with them, ran 6 laps in a row on a "fast" course (lots of long straights) and even on the last lap, no brake fade.

Other pads out there will do a very good job for less money, like the ceramics.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32482 Previous topic | Next topic