Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32441
View in linear mode

Subject: "SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.." Previous topic | Next topic
DSM-ZERONov-22-09 09:01 AM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32441, "SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."

SO I just got done putting RMDSM front and rear sway bars. A lower tie bar. Front and rear strut tower brace's. Some old Ebich sport drop springs and tokico blues on my ..DAILY DRIVER.. and i do have to say it really tightened the response and handling of my car..Im in love i can dive into corners now and blast through on and off rams lol

Well since im loving it right now om going to do the DG harness bar
http://www.machv.com/dgharnessbar.html

and chassie bar
http://www.machv.com/dgchstbar.html

I want this too but can find no info on it..Anyone??
http://www.machv.com/gtsptrcafor9.html

NEXT....i also plan on doing a really bad ass coilover setup...im thinking somting with pillowball mounts and a remote resivior
along with a nice brake kit too lol

Could this be the begining of a time attack car??? stay tuned for all the twincharged action

661hp & 463tq Worlds highest hp 2gnt soon to be the fastest

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., Moderatorcs82685, Jul-28-09 04:33 AM, #1
RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., dalesmitsu, Jul-28-09 07:19 AM, #2
      RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., boostdtalon, Jul-28-09 08:56 AM, #3
RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., ez, Jul-28-09 01:07 PM, #4
RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., Nightfall, Jul-28-09 04:41 PM, #5
      RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., DSM-ZERO, Jul-28-09 08:12 PM, #6
           RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., Black Cotton, Jul-29-09 06:57 AM, #7
                RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-29-09 09:36 AM, #8
                     RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., DSM-ZERO, Jul-29-09 07:21 PM, #9
                          RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., DSM-ZERO, Jul-29-09 07:30 PM, #10
                               RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., Black Cotton, Jul-29-09 08:58 PM, #11
                                    RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., ez, Jul-29-09 10:05 PM, #12
                                         RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.., DSM-ZERO, Jul-29-09 11:05 PM, #13

Moderatorcs82685Jul-28-09 04:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32442, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by DSM-ZERO
SO I just got done putting RMDSM front and rear sway bars. A lower tie bar. Front and rear strut tower brace's. Some old Ebich sport drop springs and tokico blues on my ..DAILY DRIVER.. and i do have to say it really tightened the response and handling of my car..Im in love i can dive into corners now and blast through on and off rams lol Well since im loving it right now om going to do the DG harness bar http://www.machv.com/dgharnessbar.html and chassie bar http://www.machv.com/dgchstbar.html I want this too but can find no info on it..Anyone?? http://www.machv.com/gtsptrcafor9.html NEXT....i also plan on doing a really bad ass coilover setup...im thinking somting with pillowball mounts and a remote resivior along with a nice brake kit too lol Could this be the begining of a time attack car??? stay tuned for all the twincharged action

A somewhat budget upgrade for brakes would be evo brakes all around. You can constantly find calipers FS on evom.

PS, what do you mean twincharged action?

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuJul-28-09 07:19 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#32443, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 1

go with the tein with the edfc remote, these are the only type of coil overs your talking about.

Wow, twin turbo charged 420a I would do a drag car for your setup.

GSX would be great for Time Attack and I never seen one built for it in the car Magazines, this would be a first.

boostdtalonJul-28-09 08:56 AM
Member since Jan 18th 2009
47 posts,
#32444, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 2

KW V3's. they don't have the edfc but they are amazing coilovers for track and won't kill you on the ride home either.

stable: 05' Evo MR
95' GS (Alive and kicking, but waiting on parts)

ezJul-28-09 01:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#32445, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by DSM-ZERO
SO I just got done putting RMDSM front and rear sway bars. A lower tie bar. Front and rear strut tower brace's. Some old Ebich sport drop springs and tokico blues on my ..DAILY DRIVER.. and i do have to say it really tightened the response and handling of my car..Im in love i can dive into corners now and blast through on and off rams lol Well since im loving it right now om going to do the DG harness bar http://www.machv.com/dgharnessbar.html and chassie bar http://www.machv.com/dgchstbar.html I want this too but can find no info on it..Anyone?? http://www.machv.com/gtsptrcafor9.html NEXT....i also plan on doing a really bad ass coilover setup...im thinking somting with pillowball mounts and a remote resivior along with a nice brake kit too lol Could this be the begining of a time attack car??? stay tuned for all the twincharged action

prokits + illuminas = who needs coilovers An inexpensive, simple, and practical alternative to coilovers

You are getting close to my setup (ha ha not at all referring to the motor/turbo). I have the strut braces, didn't want to install the GS rear on my RS to install the rear sway bars, so I gave them away. I also have the DG harness bar, it's a nice install. For nice brakes, also consider TCE for their wilwood setup (6 piston fronts, 4 pistons rears, 13" rotors all around) - I love em

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

NightfallJul-28-09 04:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#32446, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by ez
For nice brakes, also consider TCE for their wilwood setup (6 piston fronts, 4 pistons rears, 13" rotors all around) - I love em

Pics of said brake setup PLEASE, I'm dying to get mine but would like to see them installed to make me drool lol thanks

DSM-ZEROJul-28-09 08:12 PM
62 posts,
#32447, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 5

im thinking of doing stoptech's up front and evo's in the back as far as brakes go.

I was looking at the KW V3 but they are really expensive if i can find them for a good deal ill go with those's....I also like the BC coilovers too I like the fact they come with pillowball mounts front and rear for only 1000$$

What i mean by twincharge is an M90 along with my turbo kit

Black CottonJul-29-09 06:57 AM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
#32448, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 6

This isnt TCE's kit it is my own:

6 piston SL6 calipers up front
and 4 piston rears

cost me half the price TCE is charging to accumulate parts and the calipers up front are better

however TCE's front kit is far more reasonably priced then stop techs for sure.

420agreenvilleSCJul-29-09 09:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#32449, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 7

matt, that is sexy as fuck. i want some.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

DSM-ZEROJul-29-09 07:21 PM
62 posts,
#32450, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 8

post a link of were i can get those brakes from

DSM-ZEROJul-29-09 07:30 PM
62 posts,
#32451, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 9

oh i found them online how much did you end up spending for front and rear

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/cgi-bin/brakes/cginews.pl?record=14

I really like this kit i might do the same for front and rear

Black CottonJul-29-09 08:58 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
#32452, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 10
Jul-29-09 08:59 PM by Black Cotton

i built my own from scratch... made my own caliper brackets to fit the rotors I choose and the calipers I bought...

the front was a straight forward shot...

the rears however took a little engineering and 2 trials before i got the fitment i liked.

front calipers are 600 ea new
rear calipers are 140 ea new
Front 2 piece Baer rotors 575
Rear 2 Piece Baer rotors 550
Materials to make custom Steel Braided Brake Hoses 125ish
Front Pads 75
Rear Pads 55
Brake Fluid 27

Aluminum to make brackets 30

in all cost me around 2-2250$ but that includes the GSX master and Wilwood Valve to adjust F/R bias

vs stop tech which is like 2500 for just the front kit

I picked the front calipers off a buddies M3 that got trashed at the track, they are Stainless Thermlock pistons so i just made sure they held pressure, other then a few exterior scratches they are mint, got the pair for 600, where as wilwood wants between 6 and 625ea.

the rears were brand new out of my 72 Trans Am kit I had laying around
4 piston dynalite same calipers they use for the front kit for the eclipse.

ezJul-29-09 10:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#32453, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 11
Jul-29-09 10:06 PM by ez

sorry for zoomed-out pic

rears had 1mm of clearance around shoguns

with 18s

everything is setup for you going this route
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/cgi-bin/brakes/cginews.pl?record=14
no proportioning valve needed

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

DSM-ZEROJul-29-09 11:05 PM
62 posts,
#32454, "RE: SwayBars, F/R strut, Lower tie springs shocks etc.."
In response to Reply # 12

yea i really like these brakes alot and i like the price too

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32441 Previous topic | Next topic