Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32413
View in linear mode

Subject: "Passenger Side Axle" Previous topic | Next topic
FunkDoctaJul-12-09 09:28 PM
Member since Apr 09th 2009
37 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32413, "Passenger Side Axle"

I have read both guides on how to take out an axle and yet I can not seem to pop the passenger side axle out at all wont budge. It's just hanging there still attached to the tranny mocking me and everything I do does nothing. I have tried a crowbar, giant flat head, and cresant wrench and nothing. Maybe I just need to hit the gym haha but seriously any tips on removing this axle. Driver side was a piece of cake don't know why this one wants to be a bitch right before some one wants to buy my car. Do you guys take the cross member out of the way or leave it on? Need advise quick need the car up and running by tomorrow afternoon please guys any help will be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Passenger Side Axle, nyBoosted420a, Jul-12-09 10:01 PM, #1
RE: Passenger Side Axle, FunkDocta, Jul-13-09 07:55 AM, #2
RE: Passenger Side Axle, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-13-09 11:02 AM, #4
RE: Passenger Side Axle, hazard_eclipse, Jul-13-09 10:53 AM, #3
RE: Passenger Side Axle, FunkDocta, Jul-13-09 11:05 AM, #5
      RE: Passenger Side Axle, FunkDocta, Jul-13-09 01:29 PM, #6
           RE: Passenger Side Axle, whtclipse98, Jul-13-09 08:10 PM, #7

nyBoosted420aJul-12-09 10:01 PM
Member since Feb 18th 2006
147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32414, "RE: Passenger Side Axle"
In response to Reply # 0

Hehe go buy a Owners Manual then. Just put the pry bar between the tranny and the axle and poop it out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FunkDoctaJul-13-09 07:55 AM
37 posts,
#32417, "RE: Passenger Side Axle"
In response to Reply # 1

Owners manual is not very specific and does not have pictures. I tried a pry bar but the stupid cross member gets in the way. I just want to know if you guys take off the cross member when taking the passenger side axle out. I took it out before but the car was on a lift that time which made it so much easier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AdministratorCODE4Jul-13-09 11:02 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32419, "RE: Passenger Side Axle"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by nyBoosted420a
Hehe... poop it out.

---

2012 2500HD LML

hazard_eclipseJul-13-09 10:53 AM
Member since Jun 20th 2009
95 posts,
#32418, "RE: Passenger Side Axle"
In response to Reply # 0

i usually just use a big screw driver on one of the notches sticking out on the inner spindle and a hammer. works every time for me.

wiki homepage: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Hazard_Eclipse

19:22:36 ‹hazard_eclipse› btw disclaimer: I am NOT hazardeclipse
19:23:10 ‹ez› 19:14:00 ‹hazard_eclipse› i honestly hate yellow.
19:23:25 ‹hazard_eclipse› lol good you saw that
19:23:55 ‹ez› you should put that in your sig

FunkDoctaJul-13-09 11:05 AM
37 posts,
#32420, "RE: Passenger Side Axle"
In response to Reply # 3

I am currently using a big screw driver on the little notch and banging it with a hammer but nothing still does not move.

FunkDoctaJul-13-09 01:29 PM
37 posts,
#32421, "RE: Passenger Side Axle"
In response to Reply # 5

Fuck it after hours of trying to pry that thing out I give up putting everything back together and letting the next owner deal with it.

whtclipse98Jul-13-09 08:10 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#32422, "RE: Passenger Side Axle"
In response to Reply # 6

There is a tool you can buy that slides between that axle and tranny. You apply pressure and it pops the axle right out. I sold them at Advance Auto Parts all the time to the shops. Its in the specialty tools catalog.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32413 Previous topic | Next topic