Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32404
View in linear mode

Subject: "2G Rear Subframe bushings" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
whtclipse98Jul-09-09 07:12 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32404, "2G Rear Subframe bushings"

I found this on dsmtuners today and thought many would be interested in them. Just follow the link. RRE is making them but the supply is very limited right now

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/vendor-announcements/341618-2g-rear-subframe-bushings.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2G Rear Subframe bushings, Nightfall, Jul-09-09 07:46 PM, #1
RE: 2G Rear Subframe bushings, whtclipse98, Jul-09-09 11:34 PM, #2
      RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-10-09 07:42 AM, #3
           RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, Nightfall, Jul-10-09 09:12 AM, #4
                RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, whtclipse98, Jul-10-09 01:58 PM, #5
                     RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-11-09 11:12 AM, #6
                     RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, freelancefool, Jul-12-09 12:52 AM, #7
                          RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, Moderatorteklein, Jul-12-09 04:06 PM, #8
                               RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, whtclipse98, Jul-13-09 01:01 AM, #9
                                    RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, dalesmitsu, Jul-13-09 01:30 AM, #10
                                         RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, freelancefool, Jul-14-09 04:44 AM, #11
                                              RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, Black Cotton, Jul-19-09 06:14 PM, #12
                                                   RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME, freelancefool, Jul-20-09 03:56 AM, #13

NightfallJul-09-09 07:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32405, "RE: 2G Rear Subframe bushings"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn those are pretty sweet, although they're already sold out lol! I'm definetly going to get a set when they have some more, I have noticed some clunking noises coming from the rear of my car lately.

whtclipse98Jul-09-09 11:34 PM
137 posts,
#32406, "RE: 2G Rear Subframe bushings"
In response to Reply # 1

Supposedly they are better than the solid aluminum ones because they aren't supposed to transfer noise. I stumbled on it this morning when I visited dsmtuners.com. I'm getting a set also when they have more available.

AdministratorCODE4Jul-10-09 07:42 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32407, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 2

If you read the whole thread, they are differential bushings, not subframe. They are for AWD platform.

---

2012 2500HD LML

NightfallJul-10-09 09:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#32408, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 3

Oh, well I was a little tipsy last night lol! Guess I'll just have to get a differential now so I can still get some

whtclipse98Jul-10-09 01:58 PM
137 posts,
#32409, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 4
Jul-10-09 02:11 PM by whtclipse98

Here is a install pic. I don't see why these won't work in our subframes. Maybe we should do some measuring to find out.

420agreenvilleSCJul-11-09 11:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#32410, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 5

nice. you have a will to succeed. keep us posted.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

freelancefoolJul-12-09 12:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32411, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by whtclipse98
Here is a install pic. I don't see why these won't work in our subframes. Maybe we should do some measuring to find out.

Because last time I checked, a 2gnt didn't have a rear differential that they would support.

My Blog

ModeratortekleinJul-12-09 04:06 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32412, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by freelancefool
Originally posted by whtclipse98 Here is a install pic. I don't see why these won't work in our subframes. Maybe we should do some measuring to find out.
Because last time I checked, a 2gnt didn't have a rear differential that they would support.

Dood, this is news to me.

whtclipse98Jul-13-09 01:01 AM
137 posts,
#32415, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 8

Yes it does too, I know it does....somewhere. I've seen it.

But seriously, I know it doesn't have a rear differential. But the rear subframe does bolt up.

dalesmitsuJul-13-09 01:30 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#32416, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by whtclipse98
Yes it does too, I know it does....somewhere. I've seen it. But seriously, I know it doesn't have a rear differential. But the rear subframe does bolt up.

Hows this compared to the energy suspension full master kit.

Would it fit on the front subframe where I jack my 2g up. I notice there's bushings and they look like they need replaced.

freelancefoolJul-14-09 04:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32423, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 10
Jul-14-09 04:46 AM by freelancefool

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by whtclipse98 Yes it does too, I know it does....somewhere. I've seen it. But seriously, I know it doesn't have a rear differential. But the rear subframe does bolt up.
Hows this compared to the energy suspension full master kit. Would it fit on the front subframe where I jack my 2g up. I notice there's bushings and they look like they need replaced.

They go in the rear subframe and hold a rear differential. Doesn't matter if the subframe fits or not. You won't be able to use them. It doesn't compare to the ES master kit because the master kit is for suspension parts and doesn't include parts for mounting the rear differential.

My Blog

Black CottonJul-19-09 06:14 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
#32437, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 11

the 2g rear subframe doesnt use subframe bushings, the actual frame uses 4 nuts onto studs that are factory welded to the unibody.

the front uses 6 frame bushings, none are avail. for us however.

i made my own solid aluminum front subframe bushings however.

ES's master bushing kit replaces just the main suspension bushings however leaves out the 4 inner bushings on the rear lower and rear toe arms.

and the front replaces all the bushings except the inboard frame side bushing on the compression arm and the strut fork bushing on the lower lateral arm.

freelancefoolJul-20-09 03:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32438, "RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME"
In response to Reply # 12

The Prothane kit replaces all of the suspension bushings except for the inboard compression arm bushing (this needs to be rubber as it twists in a way that would destroy polyurethane).

It however does not have any subframe bushings.

My Blog

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32404 Previous topic | Next topic