Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32356
View in linear mode

Subject: "Reverse power steering?" Previous topic | Next topic
NightfallJun-24-09 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32356, "Reverse power steering?"

Well, started having another problem, this time with the power steering. Everytime I hit a bump or uneven spot in the road, it almost jerks the wheel out of my hand. I've checked my tie rod ends and there's no slack in the steering. I recently replaced my pump/rack a few months back but haven't drove it much since. It also gets hard to steer when accelerating. I'm hoping I didn't swap in a bad rack, any opinions on what could cause this?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GJun-24-09 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32357, "RE: Reverse power steering?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-24-09 01:15 PM by RoninEclipse2G

sounds like your struts are shot and you're getting some nasty bump steer. I had the same problem and new struts fixed it

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bzossJun-25-09 08:42 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
#32358, "RE: Reverse power steering?"
In response to Reply # 0

Your alignment could also be way off. That will do it too. If you have not done anything recently that could affect alignment, go with the struts.

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

whtclipse98Jun-30-09 02:32 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#32369, "RE: Reverse power steering?"
In response to Reply # 2

Looks like that he replaced both the pump and rack so having the rack replaced would affect his tie rods and possibly alignment. Check the tension on the belt for having no steering when accelerating.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32356 Previous topic | Next topic