Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32223
View in linear mode

Subject: "O'reilly auto parts brand" Previous topic | Next topic
TuxdreamerxApr-27-09 01:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32223, "O'reilly auto parts brand"
Apr-27-09 01:53 AM by Tuxdreamerx

Hey guys, Tonight I had my passenger side lower straight control arm break. The ball joint popped out... They were really cheap ebay arms.. I learned my lesson I was warned before but anyway.. I am going to replace all of them because that worried me a bit. Oreilly autoparts has the cheapest arms http://www.oreillyauto.com/EW3/ProductDetail.do?id=1774603520&line=MCA&itemNumber=CB25010&categoryIndex=0&didSearchFor=Control+Arm&vehicle=1997MITSUBISHIECLIPSERS4-122%202.0L%20DOHC&bid=1240818627396&cycleCount=2367¤tPage=0 Has anyone used these? They say master pro.. Should I get these or get the duralast's from autozone. I am just trying to figure out if oreillys are just as bad as the cheap ebay ones.. I mean they have a LLT but a warranty wont help if one breaks going 70mph down the highway.. Anyway I need some quick input im making my purchase first thing tomorrow since I need my car back on the road ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, Moderatorteklein, Apr-27-09 05:44 AM, #1
RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, Fallen4ng31, Apr-27-09 08:40 AM, #2
      RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-27-09 04:49 PM, #3
           RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-27-09 06:37 PM, #4
                RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, daes_venge, Apr-28-09 12:01 PM, #5
                     RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, Flipboi89, Apr-28-09 12:03 PM, #6
                          RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, Tuxdreamerx, Apr-28-09 02:55 PM, #7
                               RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, whtclipse98, May-07-09 10:35 PM, #8
                                    RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, justins71, May-08-09 01:29 PM, #9
                                         RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, Tuxdreamerx, May-12-09 07:19 PM, #10
                                              RE: O'reilly auto parts brand, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-24-09 07:43 AM, #11

ModeratortekleinApr-27-09 05:44 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32224, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 0

Ive never really used anything from O'Reilly, but its most likely the same stuff that Advance/Autozone sells only rebadged.

I would go check them out, if they look and feel like your Chinese death arms, then dont get them.

Personally id shell out for Moog arms...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31Apr-27-09 08:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32225, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 1

O'Reilly parts are the same as anybody else. Major manufacturers just stamp different names on things. Personally, I don't shop O'Reilly as they tend to be more expensive than say Advance or Autozone. (But that's just around here.)

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

RoninEclipse2GApr-27-09 04:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32226, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 2

they're most likely a reboxed McQuay-Norris (I think that's the brand) piece. I've got a couple suspension pieces from them on my car. quality seemed pretty good, the only difference that I saw was that some fastener styles were a little different.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

AdministratorCODE4Apr-27-09 06:37 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32227, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 3

I would use the Kragen/Oreilly over Autozone. I do not buy Autozone crap.

---

2012 2500HD LML

daes_vengeApr-28-09 12:01 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#32231, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 4

The Moogs are $30 more per arm. I would rather spend the extra $60 and know i'm getting a quality part.

Flipboi89Apr-28-09 12:03 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32233, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 5

I just got the oreilly one, i havent drove on it yet though.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

TuxdreamerxApr-28-09 02:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32234, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 6

I just ended up getting the oreilly. Looks like a good quality part and I just replaced the passenger (The damaged side) havnt done the drivers side but it feels good other than the fact when that broke it bent my sway bar link so now it pulls to the right a bit...

whtclipse98May-07-09 10:35 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#32270, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 7

if the Oreilly's one was a lifetime warranty part you could have went to Advance and price matched their TRW, which has the lifetime warranty. Course if it were to break, you probably wouldn't have a problem changing them out at Oreilly's as you would at Advance. Advance adheres to a Limited Lifetime warranty whereas Oreilly's specifies Lifetime.

justins71May-08-09 01:29 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#32273, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 8
May-08-09 01:30 PM by justins71

There was a recall for our vehicles for just that - take it to the dealer and they'll install new arms/joints for free.

http://www.recall-warnings.com/auto-content-1124.html

Took mine in, and the boots looked perfectly fine but they changed both of them anyway to be safe. As long as they look like stockers and you've never had it done already, of course.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

TuxdreamerxMay-12-09 07:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32289, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 9
May-12-09 07:21 PM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by justins71
There was a recall for our vehicles for just that - take it to the dealer and they'll install new arms/joints for free. http://www.recall-warnings.com/auto-content-1124.html Took mine in, and the boots looked perfectly fine but they changed both of them anyway to be safe. As long as they look like stockers and you've never had it done already, of course.

This car had all the recalls done. Trust me I checked into it when I first got the thing. Thanks for the reply though.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-24-09 07:43 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#32317, "RE: O'reilly auto parts brand"
In response to Reply # 10

Dealer.....45.00/55.00

http://chryslerpartsdirect.com/

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32223 Previous topic | Next topic