Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32144
View in linear mode

Subject: "camber setting for 2" drop and other question" Previous topic | Next topic
rshisslerApr-05-09 04:00 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2008
172 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32144, "camber setting for 2" drop and other question"

k i just lowered my car on eibach sportlines/pro kit(witch ever one is the 2" kit i forget) and Tokico Blues. i also installed a ignals camber kit the one that goes to 3*. Now where should i set the camber kit at so that i can drive to the alingment shop? right now i have it set all the way out and i started to back the car out of the drive way and it felt like i had a serverly bent rim lol.

K now for my other question. I had to cut the sway bar end links off cuz of rusted bolts. Now i ordered a new set from Mach V but they haven't showed up yet. So right now i jsut have the bar hanging there. Now the question is, When i was backing out i turned the wheel and it like whipped that way really hard and drug the tire some (dirt driveway). is this cuz i dont have the sway bar hooked up? everythings installed and torqued down right.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question, freelancefool, Apr-05-09 11:56 PM, #1
RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question, rshissler, Apr-08-09 12:40 AM, #2
      RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question, freelancefool, Apr-08-09 10:23 AM, #3
           RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-09-09 12:57 AM, #4
                RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question, mcgyvr, Apr-09-09 08:18 AM, #5
                     RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question, rshissler, Apr-09-09 06:13 PM, #6

freelancefoolApr-05-09 11:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32147, "RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question"
In response to Reply # 0

The problem that you are experiencing is caused by poor toe adjustment. As long as you aren't planning on driving 2 hours to an alignment shop you will be fine. Drive slowly and don't do anything dumb and you should be fine. As long as the camber looks ok, by that I mean you don't want one side with tons of positive camber and the other with tons of negative camber.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rshisslerApr-08-09 12:40 AM
172 posts,
#32152, "RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question"
In response to Reply # 1

thats the problem the closest place that i trust with my car is 40mins away driving 50+mph lol you think if i move the camber all the way in (seems like this is how everyones is set). I just need to have i enough to drive atleast 30 mins away.

freelancefoolApr-08-09 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32153, "RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question"
In response to Reply # 2

Try and set the camber so that it is in the middle. When you adjust the camber all the way in, you will give your car a lot of toe in. That will scrub tires very fast. Make a midpoint guess and go with it. Just make sure you drive carefully.

My Blog

AdministratorCODE4Apr-09-09 12:57 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32154, "RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question"
In response to Reply # 3

use a tape measure and make sure the distance between front and rear of the tires are as close was you can get. Crude, yes, but it is more accurate then eye balling it... I will get you there.

---

2012 2500HD LML

mcgyvrApr-09-09 08:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#32155, "RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question"
In response to Reply # 4

I just use a level run vertically on each tire to set camber.
I actually made some adapters so my level rests against the rim and not the tire because the tire will flare out slightly on the bottom because of the weight of the car. Obviously you must be parked on a level surface

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

rshisslerApr-09-09 06:13 PM
172 posts,
#32159, "RE: camber setting for 2" drop and other question"
In response to Reply # 5

k so i took the upper arms back off and adjusted the sliders all the way in and checked to make sure they are even. Took the car for a ride and its 100 times better but still a little off. Atleast now i can drive it to the shop thanks guys.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32144 Previous topic | Next topic