Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32138
View in linear mode

Subject: "torque specs on this part?" Previous topic | Next topic
rshisslerApr-04-09 12:39 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2008
172 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32138, "torque specs on this part?"

The part is the plate that you need to remove to remove and install the front sway bar. i think its called something like "stays" or something. Whats the torque specs on the bolts that hold it to the car?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: torque specs on this part?, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-04-09 08:29 PM, #1
RE: torque specs on this part?, rshissler, Apr-05-09 01:02 AM, #2
      RE: torque specs on this part?, DirtMegirt, Apr-05-09 10:47 AM, #3
           RE: torque specs on this part?, Black Cotton, Apr-05-09 11:47 AM, #4
                RE: torque specs on this part?, rshissler, Apr-05-09 03:44 PM, #5
                RE: torque specs on this part?, rshissler, Apr-05-09 05:02 PM, #6
                     RE: torque specs on this part?, Black Cotton, Apr-05-09 06:04 PM, #7
                RE: torque specs on this part?, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-06-09 01:30 AM, #8
                     RE: torque specs on this part?, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-06-09 06:57 PM, #9
                          RE: torque specs on this part?, mcgyvr, Apr-09-09 08:20 AM, #10
                               RE: torque specs on this part?, Black Cotton, Apr-09-09 11:43 AM, #11
                                    RE: torque specs on this part?, rshissler, Apr-09-09 06:11 PM, #12

AdministratorCODE4Apr-04-09 08:29 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32139, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 0

"tight" lbs/ft is good. I would not worry about torquing it to spec.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rshisslerApr-05-09 01:02 AM
172 posts,
#32140, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 1

lol my torque wrench doesn't have that setting? is this a speical order one?

DirtMegirtApr-05-09 10:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#32141, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 2

The Chiltons specs the torque on those bolts at 51-58 ft.lbs.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

Black CottonApr-05-09 11:47 AM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
#32142, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 3

51 ft/lbs for a 12mm bolt YIKES talk about SNAP. sway bar frame bracket bolts according to alldata = 28ft lbs

sway bar to end link nuts = 28 ft/lbs.

rshisslerApr-05-09 03:44 PM
172 posts,
#32143, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 4

no not the sway bar bracets the plates that are under the car

rshisslerApr-05-09 05:02 PM
172 posts,
#32145, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 5

k i looked in my haynes again and it lists it as "stays" or cross member support brackets but they list no torque specs for them. I think they were 14mm bolts. i just wanna make sure this is the right torque specs before i snap a bolt off lol

Black CottonApr-05-09 06:04 PM
114 posts,
#32146, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 6

then i appologize and dirk is right 51-58 ft lbs.

AdministratorCODE4Apr-06-09 01:30 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32148, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Black Cotton
51 ft/lbs for a 12mm bolt YIKES talk about SNAP

No.

---

2012 2500HD LML

RoninEclipse2GApr-06-09 06:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32151, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 8

it's tight enough when it doesn't back out, too tight and it's broke.

is that too vague?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

mcgyvrApr-09-09 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#32156, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 9

I have NEVER seen any mechanic at a dealership or garage use a torque wrench.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Black CottonApr-09-09 11:43 AM
114 posts,
#32157, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 10

i guess you go or work at hack style dealership "donno", where ive worked its required to torque any suspension, brake, or wheel, HANDS DOWN MUST on anything engine or transmission.

rshisslerApr-09-09 06:11 PM
172 posts,
#32158, "RE: torque specs on this part?"
In response to Reply # 11

lolwow i would hate to ride in your death trap of a car then. I check torque on every bolt i put on. If theres a spec for it its probably there for a reason.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32138 Previous topic | Next topic