Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32042
View in linear mode

Subject: "Horrible vibration from drivers side" Previous topic | Next topic
racersedge1821Mar-03-09 04:00 PM
Member since Jul 15th 2006
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32042, "Horrible vibration from drivers side"

ok the deal is i am on my way home from work the other dy and from out of nowhere my drivers side starts to vibrate and the longer i drive it the louder it gets so i pulled over i grabed my lugwrench and tightened my lugs (they were tight) so i drove the rest of the way home slowly on my way home i was coasting and i shut the car off while rolling the vibration was still there so no mounts bad or bad trans. when i got home i jacked the car up gave the wheel a shake and nothing loose wtf? any ideas

Bronson Bentley

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-03-09 04:32 PM, #1
RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, dalesmitsu, Mar-03-09 09:31 PM, #2
      RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, 740 turbo brick, Mar-04-09 12:31 AM, #3
           RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, nrberndsen, Mar-04-09 10:07 AM, #4
                RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-04-09 06:31 PM, #5
                     RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, Moderatorteklein, Mar-04-09 08:10 PM, #6
                          RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, dalesmitsu, Mar-06-09 12:27 PM, #7
                               RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, halfasss101, Mar-11-09 01:21 AM, #8
RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side, racersedge1821, Mar-13-09 02:45 PM, #9

AdministratorCODE4Mar-03-09 04:32 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32043, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 0

Fucked up tire maybe? Just because you cannot get it to wiggle while jacked does not necessarily mean it is ok. The amount of force you can create is little to what the weight of the car does. Also certain components may not show play unless there is the weight of the car on it. Jack up the suspect corner, place a stand under the lower control arms so as to replicate the angle and weight placed on the components and again try to see if you can get play in the tie rods, steering, or ball joints.

There are only so many parts of the suspension system. Be systematic and narrow it down.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuMar-03-09 09:31 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#32044, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Fucked up tire maybe? Just because you cannot get it to wiggle while jacked does not necessarily mean it is ok. The amount of force you can create is little to what the weight of the car does. Also certain components may not show play unless there is the weight of the car on it. Jack up the suspect corner, place a stand under the lower control arms so as to replicate the angle and weight placed on the components and again try to see if you can get play in the tie rods, steering, or ball joints. There are only so many parts of the suspension system. Be systematic and narrow it down.

+2 what Code4 mentioned

Have the shop check your sway bars bushings could be bad, my old cutlass always did that. Didn't replace them I sold the olds when I bought my 2g, should've kept it as a backup it old dog was a reliable 2.8

740 turbo brickMar-04-09 12:31 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#32045, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 2

I vote wheel bearing.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

nrberndsenMar-04-09 10:07 AM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#32046, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 3

+1 on wheel bearing

RoninEclipse2GMar-04-09 06:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32048, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 4

check to see if it threw a weight, but otherwise I'm gonna join the wheel bearing crowd

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinMar-04-09 08:10 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32049, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 5

Wheel bearing vote in!

dalesmitsuMar-06-09 12:27 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#32054, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by teklein
Wheel bearing vote in!

I vote for the balljoints

halfasss101Mar-11-09 01:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#32071, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 7

another vote for wheel bearing

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

racersedge1821Mar-13-09 02:45 PM
Member since Jul 15th 2006
20 posts,
#32077, "RE: Horrible vibration from drivers side"
In response to Reply # 0

well guys believe it or not we all was wrong lol i also thought wheel bearing but its the brake caliber stickin gon me when it sticks its causeing vibration and a horrible smell like clutch burning and i looked when i got home and my rotor was cheery red so i am guessing that either my brake line is collapsing or my cylinder is going bad 1 or the other thankfully i have a parts car i'm gonna take both the line and caliber off this weekend and try it.

Bronson Bentley

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32042 Previous topic | Next topic