Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32019
View in linear mode

Subject: "What front camber kits are you guys using?" Previous topic | Next topic
John99RSFeb-24-09 03:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32019, "What front camber kits are you guys using?"

My friend and I installed the front upper ball joint camber kits made by ingalls and we can't get the damn car to go straight. It keeps pulling to the right and we have done an allignment 4 times!!! In fact he even tried adjusting it so it would pull to the left to offset the pull to the right just to see what would happen and it still pulls right. I used to have the upper control arm mounts that slid in and out for camber adjustment, but there was still always a negative camber. This new upper ball joint has more adjustment for camber and caster and we are still having problems. Anyone ever have issues with these?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-24-09 06:19 PM, #1
RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?, freelancefool, Feb-24-09 08:40 PM, #2
      RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?, John99RS, Feb-25-09 06:42 PM, #3
           RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?, freelancefool, Feb-25-09 07:11 PM, #4
                RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-25-09 08:16 PM, #5
                     RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?, John99RS, Feb-25-09 08:26 PM, #6

AdministratorCODE4Feb-24-09 06:19 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32020, "RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?"
In response to Reply # 0

is it safe to assume the car did not pull before the modification? Or not sure?

The wear on the tires can also cause a pull. Did the tires get tossed in a pile when they were taken off or were they mounted in the exact location as before?

If a computer alignment says the camber, caster, and toe are in spec yet the car still pulls then try swapping tire locations. That is what I used to do back in the day when I worked at Sears Auto to correct some pulling problems.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freelancefoolFeb-24-09 08:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32021, "RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?"
In response to Reply # 1

I concur with CODE4. Double check everything and post up the specs off of the alignment rack that you are using. Take some photos if you can. This will help with a proper diagnosis.

I am using http://www.roadraceengineering.com/spc2garm.htm so I can't give you much advice on your current camber kit.

My Blog

John99RSFeb-25-09 06:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32027, "RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, the car was riding perfectly straight with the other kit, however, the camber was still slightly negative causing innner tire wear. Along with this new upper ball joint kit, I also got brand new tires for the same rims I've had the whole time so there are no rim issues. We even tried dismounting the left side tires and reinstalling them on the right (yes, we made sure the direction was right) and it still made no difference. Sorry I have no allignment specs, my friend kept the print out at his work. I'll be getting some new tires this summer and maybe new rims too, we will hopefully be able to get the allignment fixed then. Funny thing is that even though it pulls to the right, the tires are wearing normal?

freelancefoolFeb-25-09 07:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32028, "RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?"
In response to Reply # 3

Camber isn't going to make the car pull much. Check your toe. You probably have a bad tie rod and when the car starts driving down the road it pulls the slack and causes the car to pull right. That is something I just thought about.

My Blog

AdministratorCODE4Feb-25-09 08:16 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32029, "RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?"
In response to Reply # 4

Good point bro.

While the car is in the air, grab the tire at 9 & 3 o'clock and see if you can get a little play in the steering. A properly trained tech using the alignment rack should always make this check prior to the alignment. If you get any play next step is to check the inner and outer tie rod ends.

---

2012 2500HD LML

John99RSFeb-25-09 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
#32030, "RE: What front camber kits are you guys using?"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be sure to check that out next time I have it up on the lift.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32019 Previous topic | Next topic